The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

whoops! ;; hadley, remy

Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Hamilton
    Eilemaiden : Adhbhar

whoops! ;; hadley, remy Empty whoops! ;; hadley, remy

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:36 am

Arizona was drunk. In fact she was wasted, shit faced, and all of the above. She knew it had been a bad idea when she had sent the R.S.V.P. 'yes' to an acquaintance's birthday party when she got the letter, but she couldn't help it. Kavi always had her working too much, and yeah, she got her job done, but she liked having a break! Only problem was that the party was being thrown all the way out in Earalas. And she barely even knew the guy who invited her. What was his name? Cody? Chad? Daniel? She really had no idea. She figured she was only invited because she was a young overloridian with boobs, and probably made out with Unknown once or twice at a club, but her subconscious (Hamilton) had told her from the start that it was a bad idea.

Another problem was that she wasn't at his house anymore. A large group of them all decided to leave and go to the hookah bar. Arizona, being the party lover that she is decided to join them. They were all having a lot of fun, laughing, smoking, drinking. She actually wasn't regretting her decision anymore, until what's-his-face pulled her close and whispered something really nasty and inappropriate in her ear. She didn't mind making out with the guy, but sex was different. She had standards.

With a disgusted look on her face, she pushed him away. Clumsily, she got up from where she was sitting and stumbled out of the bar. Now that she was out of that situation, she stopped walking and tried to figure out how the in the world she was getting home.

Not good.

Last edited by Arizona Samples on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 30
    Daemon Name : Nila
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

whoops! ;; hadley, remy Empty Re: whoops! ;; hadley, remy

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:51 am

Hadley was bored, which was never a good thing. His life revolved around avoiding boredom, because whenever he ran out of interesting things to do he tended to get restless, which often led to him becoming destructive. Usually his destructive tendencies were targeted at other clio, but if none were around he could just as easily turn them on himself, much to his daemon Nila's dismay. In fact, it had been boredom that had driven him to venture into the dangerous Shadow World not long ago.

Nila had begged Hadley not to go back to that place, so as a "compromise" he decided he was just gonna buy some drugs instead. Unfortunately, due to his status, this had to be done in the dead of night in order to avoid being seen and causing a big scandal.

On his way back from visiting one of his shadier acquaintances, he was passing by some bar when he happened to catch a familiar face out of the corner of his eye. It looked like Arizona, the only overloridian he was on sorta good terms with. What the hell was she doing here? She looked pretty out of it, too. Drunk, probably.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:04 am

Arizona felt like she was going to cry, until she also saw a familiar face. It was Hadley! She wasn't sure whether to be relieved or embarrassed. Probably both. Either way, she was sure he could help her. Maybe. Hopefully.

"Hadley!" She called out to him obnoxiously. "Hadley come here!"

She didn't wait for him to come to her though, instead she stumbled over to him and had to grab his shoulder to steady herself once she made it.

"Man!" She breathed. "That walk felt like 243 years!"
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:08 am

At first Hadley was kind of annoyed that Arizona had seen him and started to stumble her way over, but then he thought, no, maybe this could be fun. After all, it wasn't every day he ran into an overloridian who was drunk out of her mind. Maybe she would let some interesting secrets slip, or at the very least manage to embarrass herself to a suitably amusing degree.

"Hey Arizona," he replied amicably, letting her use him to hold herself up. "What are you doing out here so late?"
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:17 am

Arizona took a deep breath and started to reply, until she forgot why she was out there. "Umm," she said while tapping her chin. "I actually don't remember."

She stood there for a moment, wondering how she even got there. "Oh yeah!" She replied excitedly. "Some guy I made out with at a bar once invited me to his birthday party." She then crinkled her nose, "But then he turned out to be a perv so I left the hookah bar."

Arizona yawned and ran a hair through her crazy hair. "I'm so tired, and home is so far away."
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:05 pm

"That's unfortunate. I mean, who would have ever thought that a random stranger you made out with in a bar wouldn't be more of a gentleman?" Hadley said with a perfectly straight face, pretty sure that Arizona would be too drunk to catch the irony. She looked like she was about to pass out on the spot. If he didn't help her out, she was either going to wake up the next morning in the middle of Theodore Lane, or some bad Samaritan was probably going to carry her off.

Hm...

Is this even a decision? Nila asked exasperatedly. Be a good person for once and help her.

Fine, fine, Hadley agreed. He didn't feel like arguing with Nila, and he could just make a servant take care of the drunken overloridian. It wouldn't take any extra effort on his part.

"Anyways, why don't you just come with me? My place is a lot closer and I have an extra room," he offered.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Arizona was definitely too drunk to catch the irony. "I know right!" she exclaimed. "I mean if you're going to make a move on an overloridian at least have some class!" She shook her head. Thinking about that guy made her all disgusted again.

She was obviously unaware of the internal conversation Hadley was having with his daemon. She always knew he wasn't the best clio, but she was probably one of the only overloridians who got along with him. He was pretty annoying a lot of the times, but Ari didn't mind. He wasn't rude or creepy like Kole and he wasn't too refined and stoic like Aspen. He was interesting.

Hadley wrote:"Anyways, why don't you just come with me? My place is a lot closer and I have an extra room," he offered

"Really?!" Ari asked, while raising her eyebrows. "Oh Gods that would be great!"
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:04 pm

"Alrighty then," Hadley said, putting his arm around Arizona to steady her since she could barely hold herself up, let alone walk. He lead her all the way back to his estate, worried the entire time that she was going to either pass out entirely or puke on him. Luckily for him, she didn't, so he was able to get her inside and into a guest bedroom.

"Just let a servant know if you need anything," he told her cheerfully. He wondered which unlucky worker was going to end up cleaning up Arizona's vomit the next day.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 pm

"Thank you so much Hadley!" Ari replied while wrapping her arms clumsily around his neck. "I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't of found you!" She let go of him and stumbled to the bed and tripped over herself. Luckily she landed safely on the mattress, and giggled at her clumsiness. "Whoops!"

Hamilton had been incomprehensive the whole time and trotted wobbly to where his clio had fallen.

"I need water!" Ari said breathlessly, but quickly passed out afterwards.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Hadley stared at the spectacle in front of him for a few moments after Arizona had passed out. What a mess of a girl. He kind of liked her more for it, though. The way she just didn't give a shit what anyone thought. It was impressive, really. Even he put in some effort to keep up appearances, at least among certain clio. Arizona did none of that.

Anyways, he left the room and mentioned to the first unfortunate servant he saw to keep an eye on her. He almost forgot he had a shitton of drugs in his pocket, but decided they could wait for another night. Dragging Arizona around had taken a lot of extra time and he was tired.

THE NEXT MORNING, he got up a little later than usual and went to get some breakfast, almost forgetting that he had had a drunken overloridian spend the night. Whatever, she'd get up on her own at some point, he was sure. His adviser, Remy, was already up and in the dining room.

"Morning," he said, still kind of sleepy. "I need coffee. Late night last night."

As if on cue, someone from the kitchen wheeled out a coffee tray. Gods he loved being waited on.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Daemon Name : Vex

Post by Remy Monroe Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Remy looked up from her own cup of coffee and newspaper.

"Oh, come on," she said, pushing away from her spot at the table and watching as Hadley retrieved his coffee from Paul, one of the kitchen workers. Hadley had a lackey for everything.

She would have smiled at Paul, but she was too busy rolling her eyes at Hadley as he sat across from her. "Late night?" she echoed in question. She wondered what that entailed. Probably messing with some poor soul.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:56 pm

And as if on her own cue, Arizona groggily made her way to Hadley's kitchen. She definitely looked the part of the infamous "walk of shame." Her mascara and eyeliner had ran, and as much as she tried to fix it in the bathroom mirror nothing but a hot shower could fix it. Her usually unruly blonde hair was more so unruly that usual, it was going to take a lot of work getting out the knots in that rats nest, and her clothes were all rumpled and wrinkly.

"I smell coffee," she mumbled. Paul brought her a cup of her own and she thanked him quietly. She took a few sips, savoring the flavor on her tongue and sighed when it hit her belly. It felt good and bad at the same time, but coffee usually helped when she had a hangover.

"Thank you for last night, Hadley." She said to him after she stood there for a moment. She didn't notice Remy before but now she did. She smiled at Hadley's adviser and waved. "Good to see you again, Remy!"

And with that she left the kitchen and made her way to Adhbhar. Her brother was probably going to kill her.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Remy wrote:"Late night?"

Hadley rolled his eyes. And people called him nosy. He didn't have a chance to answer, though, as Arizona walked out at that moment, looking like a walking hangover. She grabbed some coffee but didn't sit down with them.

Arizona wrote:"Thank you for last night, Hadley."

"Anytime, Arizona," Hadley replied, giving a wave as she left, presumably to go back to Adhbhar. He looked over at Remy. "That's why I had a late night," he explained.

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Remy's eyes opened wide when Arizona stumbled into the dining room. Arizona was the overloridian of Adhbhar, the neighboring eilemaiden to the west. She looked like she had had a rough night (which, rumor had it, she experienced often).

Arizona wrote:
    "Thank you for last night, Hadley."
    Hadley wrote:
    "Anytime, Arizona. That's why I had a late night."

Remy watched the exchange between the two overloridians, completely ignoring the greeting Arizona mumbled at her.

After Arizona left, Remy looked at Hadley with piqued interest. "Thank you?" she asked. Just what did "thank you" mean? And what did he mean, she was the reason for his late night? Just what had happened here?!
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Hadley stared at Remy. "What?" he asked, confused. Thanks for what? Then it hit him that Remy was just repeating what Arizona had said before leaving. Which...still didn't make that much sense to him. Of course Arizona would thank him for doing her a favor. "Why shouldn't she thank me?"

Then it hit him that Remy had no idea what he had done for Arizona last night, which cast everything they were saying in a whole new light. Oh.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Was Hadley being for real right now? "You're more entitled than I thought you were," said Remy with complete surprise.

"She was obviously drunk," she chastized, not knowing how else to proceed with this news. "Do you really think that was a good idea?" Had this happened before? Remy had thought Hadley was asexual, or close to it. He'd never shown interest in anyone that Remy was aware of. "Arizona? Really?"

What the hell had Hadley been thinking? How much had Remy missed? She thought she knew everything there was to know about Hadley.

Guess not, Vex mumbled from under the desk. He was pretty amused, but moreso at how Remy was taking it than what had actually happened.

Did she really need to thank him? Was it that good? At the thought, Remy blushed.

Vex actually laughed out loud, albeit quietly.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Whoa. Seriously, whoa. Hadley got that Arizona's thank you comment could have been construed as sounding slightly suggestive, but holy shit was Remy leaping to conclusions. Apparently there was absolutely no doubt in her mind that "thank you for last night" could mean anything other than Hadley giving her mind-blowing sex. Well, fine then. If she wanted to make assumptions, he was going to let her.

Time for a little bit of playing dumb.

"Of course she was drunk, that's why I gave her the offer," he said calmly. He was, of course, referring to walking Arizona home and giving her a room to crash in, but he knew that's not how Remy would take it.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 am

Remy's expression changed from shocked and confused to disgusted in less than a second. "Oh, is that how it happened then?" she asked incredulously. "You just offered her, because she was intoxicated?

"That's low, even for you, Hadley."

Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:58 am

"What's so low about it?" Hadley asked, not letting his amusement show on his face, opting to appear confused instead. He had to admit, he was a little surprised that Remy genuinely thought that he would sleep with Arizona, intoxicated or not. She had known him long enough that she had to know he had no interest in sex. Why was that the first thing her mind jumped to? He was curious, now. "You'd have done the same thing in my situation."

Yeah, but she would have done it without the internal debate, first, Nila said, rolling her eyes.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:11 am

"What?" Remy asked, clearly offended. "I would never have--have sex with a clio when they're so obviously too drunk to understand what they're doing!"

I mean, she wasn't too drunk to remember it... she even remembered how good it was, Vex laughed, making a joke at his clio's expense.

Remy glared down at the quoll, her mouth open and brow furrowed. Why does that bother you so much? her daemon asked silently. Instantly Remy's mouth closed and her cheeks burned.

It doesn't!

She looked back up at Hadley. "How could you even say that!"
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:19 am

It took some serious willpower not to laugh in Remy's face in that moment. "Whoa. Calm down. You think I had sex with her?" he asked, eyebrows raised, even though he'd known what she thought for the entire conversation. "Remy, I walked her here and offered her a bed because she was too drunk to get home. Why would you think I slept with her?"

Why, indeed? He seriously didn't know. He was, however, quite excited for Remy's subsequent reaction.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:28 am

"You," she started, her voice rising in volume and irritation before she finally realized what he had said. "Wait--you what?"

Hadley was a strong man for not being able to laugh out loud. Vex was not so strong. He erupted into a fit of quoll laughter from under Remy's seat. Remy stomped on his little quoll tail and he shut up.

"She didn't sleep in your room?" Remy asked, her cheeks and ears burning.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 am

"No, I put her in the guest room," Hadley said, smiling at Vex's reaction to the whole thing. At least Remy's daemon had a sense of humor. Speaking of Remy, her face was going beet red, and fast. She was too funny sometimes. Still, he wanted to know why she thought he did it. "Seriously, you think I'm the type of clio who sleeps with random drunk girls? When have I ever given that impression? I think you need to get your mind out of the gutter, Ms. Monroe."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:40 am

"I--I..." usually Remy came up with her retorts as quickly as Hadley did--it was one of the reasons they got along so well--but today was different.

"I don't know what you do in your alone time, Hadley!" she lied, unconvincingly. There were few things about the other that the pair didn't know. She knew that, he knew that, the rest of the Earalas help knew that.

Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:44 am

"You know me better than almost anyone," Hadley replied, looking her right in the eye. Only Solange knew him better than Remy. Not even his parents knew him that well. He pressed on, wanting some real answers. "You know I don't care about sex. Why was that your first thought? And why did it bother you so much?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am