The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

home for the weekend [skyby]

Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Female Age : 27
    Daemon Name : Barbaro
    Eilemaiden : Cuir

home for the weekend [skyby] Empty home for the weekend [skyby]

Post by Marisol Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:22 am

Marisol and Skye were home for the weekend visiting their parents. Marisol had apologized to Skye a while ago for being distant and occasionally a jerk, but things still hadn't really been the same with them lately. It didn't help that Marisol still slipped sometimes and went back to her distant, slightly jerklike behavior on her bad days. She was trying, though. :(

Today wasn't a bad day. Getting away from her half-empty dorm room was usually good for her mood, so being home helped. She decided to try to talk to Skye, see if maybe they could have a nice, real conversation for once. Her therapist had told her that it was really important to try to fix her relationship with her sister.

She knocked softly at Skye's locked bedroom door. "Skye?" she asked. "Can I talk to you?"
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Daemon Name : Pensive
    Eilemaiden : Deilig

home for the weekend [skyby] Empty Re: home for the weekend [skyby]

Post by Skylar Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:03 am

Skye was sitting in her bed reading about eilemaiden, trying to make up her mind on which one she would like to settle as. Marisol and Skylar's birthday was coming up in a week and Skylar was sure she would settle by then. She was pretty sure she was going to choose Ughdarras, but she wanted to make absolutely sure that was the right choice.

As she was getting to the chapter about Nadar she heard a knock on her door.

Maribob wrote:"Skye? Can I talk to you?"

Skylar sighed from her bed. Her sister sounded sad. Serves her right, she thought. Marisol hadn't cared when she was sad.

She's trying, Pen reminded her clio.

Which was true, Skylar supposed. Mar had been trying sometimes. Other times she was still a jerk, and that just made Skylar more irritated. If Marisol knew she was being a jerk and was trying to fix it, she shouldn't be flip flopping all the time. Skye had tried so hard in the beginning, but she was just over the whole situation at this point. She never knew if Mar was truly sorry and wanted to fix things, or if the next day she would be back to her jerky self.

"What for?" she asked, not bothering to get up from the bed.
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:43 pm

"Becaaaaause I wanna talk to you," Marisol replied, because she wasn't sure how else to reply. She leaned against the door, frustrated. Her therapist had told her that in order to really fix things with Skye, she had to be honest about what she was feeling and not hide it all the time. She sighed. "I guess to explain why I act the way I do sometimes."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Skylar pursed her lips and contemplated Mar's response.

Pensive turned into a Maine coon cat, rolling his eyes and hopping off the bed. He walked over to the door and batted at the handle until it unlocked. Skylar's allowance of the act let him know that part of her at least wanted to hear Marisol out. Even if she wouldn't admit it, herself.

"Come in!" Pen called, jumping back onto the bed and pushing his way onto Skye's lap.
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:15 pm

"Thanks Pen," Marisol said, walking in. She hung back just inside the doorway. She could tell Skye was mad at her.

"Uhmmm," she began articulately, wondering just what to say and how to say it. Well, if honesty was the way to go, she might as well just come out with it and say what she was thinking. "Soooo lately I've been doing better but it's still hard a lot of the time and I have these bad days where I just can't handle life sometimes and I say things I don't mean and I know it upsets you but I'm trying really hard but I still feel bad and I know you're mad so I wanted to say sorry and I know it's not enough but I don't know what else to do and my therapist said I should just tell you what I'm feeling so that's what I'm doing now."

Take a second to breathe, Marsie, Bar said, amazed at how long and fast Marisol could talk sometimes.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Skylar sat in silence, letting Mar's apology-thing set in.

She was stuck between wanting to forgive her sister (so, so badly!), and wanting to protect herself from further hurt and frustration. Pen's tail flicked back and forth against Skye's leg, irritated.

Ultimately her sister meant more than her dignity, so Skylar sighed and set her book down next to her. "Come sit," she said quietly, scooting backwards, her back propped up by pillows and her headboard. She pulled her legs up, creating a tent with the blanket that was covering them.

Pen scattered off them and hopped back down onto the floor with a scowl. You did that on purpose. Skylar ignored him.
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Despite what Bar had said, Marisol had been holding her breath waiting for Skye's response. She let it out when her sister offered her a seat, and scurried over onto the bed. She crawled up so that she was sitting next to Skye, and put her head on Skye's shoulder. "I missed you," she said. "Even if I didn't act like I did. I did."

"What have you and Carter been doing lately?" she asked. Skye and Carter had been hanging out without her a lot lately. She knew it was 100% her fault, but it still made her sad to think about.

Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:18 pm

I missed you too, Skylar thought. But she was still too butt hurt to say that out loud.

"I dunno," Skylar responsded. "Just the normal stuff, I guess." Normal being a loaded word, of course. Things certainly hadn't been normal.

Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Marisol nodded, even though her head was still on Skye's shoulder. "Maybe we could go on some kind of adventure soon," she offered tentatively. She had been afraid of suggesting "adventures" to Skye and Carter ever since their last one had ended horrifically. But...maybe it was time again. Maybe they'd be okay with it. It wouldn't be the same but it would be something. "I went to the Falls the other day."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm

"Alone?" Skylar asked, ignoring Mar's invitation.

Going to the Falls alone didn't sound like fun to Skylar, but she knew Marisol liked to go on adventures by herself every now and then. And since she hadn't been spending much time with her or Carter, Skye guessed that alone was her only option.

"How was it?" It was hard to try to let her guard down. She wanted an open conversation, but everything felt still and awkward.
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:27 pm

"It was fun," Marisol replied, absent-mindedly playing with the braid in her hair. "I sorta kinda met someone there. A...new friend."

Was Liam still her friend? After her stupidity at the cave, she had tried contacting him only to get nothing in response. Maybe he's just really busy, Bar would say, which made sense, but Marisol had a sinking feeling that that wasn't the case. She had screwed things up for good with the one person things had been going well with. Typical.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:58 pm

"A new friend?" Skylar asked, pulling away from her sister so she could look at her.

Skylar and Marisol didn't have many friends that weren't mutual, so she was instantly curious. "Who?" she asked.

Suddenly their issues were forgotten, and Skylar was just interested in what Mar had to say.
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:01 pm

"Oh, um, just this boy," Marisol said vaguely, intentionally leaving out the fact that said "boy" had in fact been a man several years older than her. And her overloridian. That she had tried to kiss. She had a feeling Skye wouldn't be so okay with knowing those things. "He was from Cuir too so we jumped off the Falls together. We talked n' stuff, he gave me some good advice."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:38 pm

"A boy, huh?" Skylar asked, a grin spreading across her face. She wiggled her eyebrows at her sister.

"That sounds like a lot of fun. I bet it was nice meeting someone as crazy as you are," she joked, referencing the plunge off the Falls that their small group of friends did often with Marisol.

"Was he cuuuute?"
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:54 pm

"Maybe," Marisol said, her face getting a little warm. Liam and his stupid cute face. If his face hadn't been so stupidly cute she wouldn't have kissed him and screwed everything up! Why did he have to be so cute? "Who cares if he was cute or not? He's just my friend."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:01 pm

Skylar's grin widened as her sister blushed. "You liiiike him," she teased.

"What does he look like? What's his name? Does he go to Redfern?" Skye fired questions quickly, suddenly excited for the sister who, only minutes ago, she didn't even want to talk to.
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:18 am

"Shut up," Marisol grumbled, though there was a good-naturedness to it. She knew Skye was just teasing, even if she was right. What did it matter if she liked Liam, though? He didn't like her back, and he maybe even didn't want to even be friends with her anymore. Not that Skye knew that, so Marisol couldn't hold anything against her.

"Umm, he's tall with dark hair," she said, picturing Liam's handsome face in her mind. Should she tell Skye his name? It would probably be okay, it's not like "Liam" was a super rare name. "His name is Liam and no, he doesn't go to Redfern."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:15 pm

"Mmm, tall, dark, and handsome," Skylar said. "Well if you're not interested, you should tell him your much cuter sister is!"

She grinned at her sister. How nice it was not to have to worry about stepping on toes or wondering if she was going to suddenly get upset at nothing. She wasn't going to get upset at nothing, was she?
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Marisol knew Skye was joking, but she had to resist the urge to point out that Skye was still unsettled and there was no way a settled guy would go for her because it would be, well, illegal. But she knew Skye was sensitive about that so she forced herself to be quiet about it.

"Well...even if I was interested," she said, as if it wasn't totally obvious that she was, "it doesn't mean he's interested back, you know."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:07 pm

"Oh, please," Skylar said, rolling her eyes. Usually boys were dying to be with Marisol. Skylar had realized guys loved the confident, adventurous types, and that pretty much fit Mar to a T.

Then she wiggled her eyebrows. "So you are interested," she teased.

Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:19 pm

"Well--yeah, so what if I am?" Marisol asked defensively. "I just said he's not interested back, okay? Believe me, I know he's not."

She was kind of dying to tell Skye the whole truth, about who Liam really was. But the whole truth was just so ridiculous. Being rejected by a guy was one thing, not a big deal. But trying to get together with the overloridian of Cuir, only to be inevitably shot down in a plot twist that would have been obvious to anyone with a brain, was just too embarrassing to admit. Skye would be calling her an idiot for months.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:45 pm

"Jeeze," Skylar said, holding up her hands. "Calm down. How do you know he's not interested?"

Mar's sudden change in demeanor told Skylar that something was up. Had something happened between her and this Liam guy?
    Marisol Eligius
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:19 pm

"Uhh, cuz he told me?" Marisol said in that "duh!" tone of voice. It was kind of a dumb question, she thought. How else would she know besides him telling her? Unless he had a girlfriend or something, that would have been another indication.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm