two dead girls :: marisol

Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Male Age : 28
    Daemon Name : Kyrie
    Eilemaiden : Cuir

two dead girls :: marisol

Post by Liam Pendant on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 am

Today was a Hope day. Everyday was a Hope day, really. But today in specific was a day that Liam had set aside just for her.

He was visiting her at Elep's, a bouquet of her favorite flowers in hand. He also brought her a bottle of raspberry soda, because that was her favorite. It's the little things, Hope had told him once, when he'd first brought her a glass bottle of the pop. He'd never forgotten, and even though she was gone he tried to make all the little things count.

"Hey Hopey," he said, when he finally got to her plot. Cemeteries usually scared clio--made them nervous or uncomfortable. This one was like a second home to Liam. There was even a nice little indentation in the grass where he usually sat when he'd spend time with her.

"I brought ya somethin'." He set the flowers and the soda against her stone.

"I know, I know," he said to the air. "It's been your favorite forever--how could I forget?"

Kyrie sighed.

Liam sat, leaning back against the granite. He sprawled his feet out in front of him and shut his eyes. "Missed you, lady," he told Hope. "You'll never believe what's been going on in my life lately..."

Liam wasn't sure if he wanted to tell her about the kiss he'd shared with Marisol a week and a half ago. He felt like a traitor--even though he hadn't been the one to initiate it. He'd even pulled away!

"It's mostly boring though," he said quickly, as if to reassure her. "Overloridian stuff. You understand."
    Marisol Eligius

Female Age : 21
    Daemon Name : Barbaro

Re: two dead girls :: marisol

Post by Marisol Eligius on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Today was the first day Marisol would be visiting Jeanine's grave. She hadn't planned on ever doing it; she was really uncomfortable with the idea of looking at a stone that was supposed to somehow represent her complex, vibrant best friend while her lifeless body laid six feet underneath it. Her therapist had suggested visiting the grave as a way of gaining closure and letting go of some guilt. That, or maybe going to talk to Jeanine's parents. Marisol decided that she'd rather talk to a stone slab than face Jeanine's parents, and decided to give it a try.

When she found the proper grave, she felt a tightness in the pit of her stomach. She bit her lip and stared at Jeanine's name, which was carved beautifully into the stone. What was she supposed to do? Talk? Apologize? What good would that do? This wasn't Jeanine. It was just her grave. And underneath it was her body.

Marisol wrapped her arms around her stomach, feeling kind of sick. Her best friend's body was in the ground under her feet, and it was because of Marisol that she was there.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:52 pm

"Ah, Hope," Liam said, running a hand down his face. "I'm feeling really messed up lately."

"No, I'm fine. Really, I am. It's just... Okay, well let me explain the whole thing before you say anything, okay?"

A small breeze blew through the cemetery. Liam pulled his hat down around his ears.

"So I was at the Falls the other day and I started talking to this girl, Marisol."

"Mmhm, yeah, she was really nice. And then we did this cliff jump thing off the side of the waterfall, where we raised the water down. It--it was exhilarating! I wish you could have been there."

Liam bit his lip. "So well then she asked me if I wanted to do something else, some other time. So I said yeah, and Hope she took me to the most incredible place. It was so beautiful."

He described how amazing the cave had been--how stunned he had been to see all the glowing things around him. How secluded the cavern had been. That Marisol had never taken anywhere there but him.

Marisol was so nice and adventurous. "She's nothing like you," he told her. "But she kissed me, Hope."

He waited for Hope's reaction, but one never came. "I didn't kiss her back..." he whispered.

You could have though, Kyrie told him. You would have.

She's just a nice girl, Liam protested. And remember--she's only seventeen.

"Hope is dead," Kyrie told him bluntly. "And Marisol is alive, and you like her."

Last edited by Liam Pendant on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:58 pm

Marisol didn't feel like she was getting anything out of this besides more guilt and a stomachache. "This is dumb," she said bitterly to Barbaro. It was the first time her otherwise great therapist had given her a bad idea. "Let's just go, Bar."

"Oh--are you sure?" Bar asked. Sure, he could tell that this wasn't helping Marisol, but they had just gotten here and hadn't even done anything.

"Yeah." She began to trudge back to the path that winded through the cemetary, Bar at her heels.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Kyrie's ears perked up at the sound of another voice. "Speak of the devil," she said, turning her head to look at none other than Marisol.

Liam's gaze traveled to where Kyrie was looking, and was stunned to see the very clio he'd been worried about seeing again.

He was about to tell Kyrie that it wasn't a good idea for him to talk to her when all of a sudden the breeze turned into a stronger gust of wind, taking Liam's little beanie hat off his head and making it tumble to the ground. Liam reached over to grab at it when it started rolling along the ground, the wind taking it away from him.

"Shit," he mumbled under his breath, getting up to chase after it. He didn't think to use his eilemaiden because he was upset and maybe a little stupid.

Of course the hat rolled right on over to Marisol's feet because where else in the whole cemetery would it have gone? Kyrie smiled.
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Marisol looked down when all of the sudden a hat flew over and landed at her feet. She picked it up, brow furrowed, and looked up and around for the owner. She'd been so stuck inside her own internal guilt-filled world that she hadn't even realized anyone else was here.

She especially didn't realize Liam was here. Her eyes got all big, and she could tell he was just as shocked as she was. What was he even doing here, anyways?

She took a breath and started walking over to him, looking at the ground the whole time. This was just awful. Running into someone she'd had the most awkward encounter ever with was bad enough, but at a cemetery?

"Ummm, here's your hat," she mumbled, holding it out to him, still not meeting his eyes. To be honest she had wanted to see Liam again, but not in a place like this. Seeing Liam was supposed to be her escape from Jeanine. Now he was showing up where she was.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Damn it, Liam thought as he walked over to Marisol. Her eyes were all big and pretty. She was pretty.

"Thanks," he said quietly, taking the hat from her outstretched hand. She looked like she felt as awkward as he did. He wanted to tell her it was nice to see her, but if she was at the cemetery she probably wasn't having the best day.

"I've been meaning to contact you," he settled on, leaving the greeting aside. He was about to make up some excuse when his eyes caught the name on the stone behind her.

It was Jeanine's grave. The young girl who had been the same age as Hope when they'd died. The grave he'd been putting a single flower on ever since his hat rolled over here the first time a few weeks ago.

"D-did you know her?" he asked, motioning to her gravestone and suddenly feeling very strange.

Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Liam wrote:"I've been meaning to contact you,"

Yeah, right, Marisol wanted to say. She almost did say it, too, but before she could open her mouth, he asked about the grave behind her.

She instinctively looked back, even though she knew exactly whose grave she was at, and her face fell even further. Don't ask me about her. I don't wanna talk about it with you. "Yeah," she said instead, quietly. "My best friend."
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Liam watched as Marisol's face fell. "I am so sorry to hear that, Marisol," he told her honestly.

He took a moment to breathe. It couldn't have been a coincidence that his hat had blown over here twice and he'd been stupid enough to chase it both times. It couldn't be a coincidence that Jeanine was Marisol's best friend. That Hope and Jeanine had been the same age at their deaths.

"I've been leaving her flowers," he said. He looked behind Marisol at the five or six wilting flowers that laid around Jeanine's headstone. "I didn't know you knew her."
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Marisol finally looked at Liam, confused. "You knew Jeanine?" she asked bemusedly. Jeanine had never once mentioned that she knew the Cuir overloridian well enough that he would be leaving flowers on her grave. Maybe he had been a friend of the family?

Her heart sank. If Liam knew Jeanine's family, then he would probably eventually find out that it was Marisol's fault she had drowned. He was going to hate her, rightfully so.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:24 pm

"No," he told her, still looking over at the grave. "A few weeks ago my hat blew over here. She didn't have much on her grave, so I brought her a flower. I've been doing it ever since."

He walked back over to Hope's grave to grab the flower he'd brought for her today. "See?" he asked, walking back over with the white lily in his hand.
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:30 am

Relief washed over Marisol. He hadn't known her.

"You were here a few weeks ago too?" she asked. She had never been one for tact, and it seemed weird that Liam would come to the cemetery more than once in a couple of weeks. It didn't occur to her that some people visited the graves of their loved ones frequently.

Still though, it was sweet of him to bring a flower to Jeanine, even if he didn't know her.

...Okay, actually it was kind of weird. But still sweet and thoughtful.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:23 am

Liam thought for a moment on how to proceed. "I come a lot to visit Hope." He paused. "She was the overloridian that came before me."

How did you describe your connection to someone who had passed? She wasn't technically his girlfriend... but she wasn't his ex, either. He decided he would leave it as it was for now, unless she asked.

Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:28 am

"Oh. I didn't know that," Marisol replied honestly. She had never paid any attention in her Cuir history or politics classes. Hope must have been the one who taught Liam overloridian things, if she came before him. "So she was like your mentor, then?"
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 am

"In many ways," Liam replied, also honestly. Though Hope was younger than him, Liam found himself striving to lead Cuir in ways he knew Hope would. She'd taught him a lot. Oftentimes he wondered if fate had made the wrong decisions. He always ended on thinking that it had. It definitely had.

"She was my girlfriend," he finally said. He wasn't sure why he felt the need to tell Marisol. Maybe to let her know that he knew how it felt to lose someone close. Usually he didn't tell clio. He didn't want their pity.
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:08 pm

"Oh..." Marisol said quietly. Hope must have been young then. How unfair, to be chosen as the overloridian only to die so young so that someone else could settle. Why would fate do that? Why was life so unfair to the people who didn't deserve it? "That...that really sucks."

Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Because the three fates of Amelia are evil, Marisol.

"It's okay," Liam said. "It happened a long time ago... I just would feel wrong not visiting her."

It had happened a long time ago, but for Liam it felt like yesterday. He would never get over her death. He would never stop feeling like it was his fault. Because it was. Because if he had only settled first like he should have, he would be the one in the ground. And Hope would be the one here, talking to Marisol.
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 am

"Oh, really?" Marisol asked, looking up at Liam. It happened years ago, and he was still coming to the grave? He must do it to feel close to her. Why didn't that work for Marisol? Why didn't she feel anything but nauseous by coming here? Was she messed up or something? She looked back down at the ground. "I came to visit Jeanine today...but I didn't feel like, you know, with her or anything. Like I just felt like I was talking to a rock. Maybe there's just something wrong with me, I don't know."

God, she couldn't even grieve for Jeanine right. She was such an awful friend.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 am

Liam shook his head. "No, Marisol. People grieve in all different ways... This just happens to work for me. But there is nothing wrong with feeling how you do."

Liam knew most people didn't come as often as he did to visit the grave of loved ones. And way deep down he even knew he wasn't really talking to Hope when he spoke. But it was his way of dealing with his guilt and loneliness.

"It took me a long time to find something that worked for me," he told her honestly. "At first I couldn't even come here. I was in mourning for a long time, and I couldn't find anything to help me get over it. Then I faced my fear and came, and it's been a lot better for me."

He smiled sadly at her. "You'll find your way."
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

There was something that worked for Marisol. It was talking to the only person she knew who didn't know Jeanine or how she had died. The one person that didn't remind her of her dead friend. Only now he did know, and they were talking about her. So much for that.

"Yeah," she mumbled, even though she wasn't sure she really believed him. "Well...I think maybe I should go. Being here isn't really making me feel so great. And I'm sorry. About your girlfriend, and stuff."
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 pm

"Would you... would you maybe like to go somewhere with me?" Liam asked suddenly, unsure of where the question had come from. "Maybe we can go cliff jumping. Or something," he added lamely. He didn't often do any of the cool stuff Marisol seemed to love.

Kyrie was also startled by Liam's offer. It was Hope's day. Liam never left the cemetery on Hope days. She stayed decidedly quiet--not wanting to interrupt Liam's change of heart. Please say yes, please say yes.
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 pm

"Um, what? Seriously?" Marisol asked, both surprised and confused. She thought that ship had sailed when she stupidly kissed Liam and drove him off back in that cave. Now it had just seemed like he was talking to her out of obligation because they ran into each other and got stuck on a heavy topic. But now here he was, asking to go do something fun.

You could use something fun after this place, Bar pointed out.

Very true. "Yeah. Yeah, I'd love to," she said, managing a smile.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Liam let out a breath of air that he didn't know he was holding. "Well... great!" he said, suddenly feeling a light, floaty feeling in his stomach.

"What do you want to do?" He was afraid anything he thought of would be too boring for the adventurous Marisol.

Kyrie smiled a deer smile that I can only imagine was really creepy.
    Marisol Eligius

Post by Marisol Eligius on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:49 pm

"Oh! Um, lessee," Marisol said thoughtfully, trying to think of what was relatively nearby. "We could go mountain climbing. Or we could go get lost in the creepy forest." Getting intentionally lost in the Forest of Linneus was one of the things she had never been able to convince her friends to do with her. Which was fair enough, because unlike her they couldn't just fly out of it and back to Theodore Lane.
    Liam Pendant
    Overloridian

Post by Liam Pendant on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 am

"Any of those things sound great!" Liam said honestly. He realized it didn't matter what they did--he just wanted to spend more time with Marisol.

He pulled his hat back on his head. "I'm up for anything."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 am