The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

the moment of truth :: hadley

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Vex
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

the moment of truth :: hadley Empty the moment of truth :: hadley

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Remy giggled as she exited the fancy bathroom that was connected to her room in her adviser suite. She was wrapped in a big poofy white towel and her hair was all wet from her shower.

"Don't take too long!" she teased as she walked across her room and threw herself backward on the bed.

Wow.

Kent, the therapist that shared his building with Hadley's therapist, had been flirting with Remy for weeks now, whenever she went in to drop Hadley off and wait the few hours it took for his therapy appointment. Of course Remy had been flirting back. Not only was flirting one of her favorite hobbies, Kent was hot.

He'd surprised her last week, though, by asking her out on a date. Remy hadn't been on a date in ages--not that no one had asked, of course. She just didn't have time for dating. And most guys weren't worth her time.

But with everything going on in her life right now, she couldn't think of a better way to get her mind of things...and Hadley. So, when he asked, she'd agreed.

Last night he had taken her out to a fancy restaurant in Earalas, and then after that she had taken him back to the estate where they had had some of the hottest sex she'd ever had in her life. This morning they took an even hotter shower together, which was what had Remy in such a giggly girly happy mood.

Ah. Life was good. She'd even forgotten about the threat to her life and the fact that she had an unrequited crush on her best friend.

Finally Kent came out of the bathroom, hair done and dressed nicely. He had to go to work, so he had to leave.

She sat up at him with a pouty face. "It's too bad you have to go so soon," she said.

"It is," Kent agreed. He came over and gave her a passionate kiss that made Remy want to rip all his clothes back off him and run her fingers through that perfectly tousled hair.

He pulled away and looked at her, all hot and with still dampened skin. "Pull some jammies on so you can walk me out," he said. She knew he just wanted to see her naked again, so she went ahead and did it. Someone should be able to appreciate her body.

After she got dressed, the two probably kissed a little more because kissing is great, and then Remy led him out of her room and to the door.

"I better see you on Wednesday," Kent told her.

"Or what?" Remy asked, mischievously.

"Or I might have to come back and teach you a lesson Wednesday night," Kent threatened with a gleam in his eye.

Remy smiled, kissed him, and let him out. She didn't even realize Hadley was already in the living room and had probably heard their tiny conversation. WHOOPS.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 30
    Daemon Name : Nila

the moment of truth :: hadley Empty Re: the moment of truth :: hadley

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Hadley was in the living room forcing Paul the coffee guy to interact with him, because he was feeling lonely bored and Remy, the only clio in this house who would willingly interact with him, wasn't awake yet. So coffee guy was serving as her replacement for the time being.

They were interrupted suddenly by an unexpected conversation taking place in the hallway right outside the living room.

"I better see you on Wednesday," Kent told her.

"Or what?" Remy asked, mischievously.

"Or I might have to come back and teach you a lesson Wednesday night," Kent threatened with a gleam in his eye.

What in the fuck...?

Coffee guy, sounding embarrassed at what they had just overheard, started to say something but Hadley ignored him, getting up and wandering over to the living room entrance where he'd heard the voices from. According to Nila only Remy was there now. He stood there for a second before asking, "Who the hell was that?"
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Remy hadn't noticed Hadley walk over the the entrance so she was a little startled when she heard

Hadley wrote:Who the hell was that?

"Gods! Hadley, you scared the crap out of me," she said, jumping a little.

"And it was just Kent," she added, knowing that Hadley wouldn't know or care who Kent was. "He took me on a date last night."

She walked past Hadley into the empty living room (Paul had since deserted the premises and escaped back to the kitchens).
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Hadley stood there a minute longer processing this new information. So this Kent had taken her on a date last night. But now it was morning. And he had just left. Meaning he was here all night. Remy had just invited some random guy to spend the night at his house. After going on a date with him.

...What?

He turned and walked back into the living room. "Why was he here this morning then?" he asked Remy, choosing to willfully ignore the fact that the answer was obvious. "And since when do you even go on dates?"
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:15 pm

"I've gone on dates before," Remy said indignantly. What was that supposed to mean?

She flopped on the couch, pulling her knees up. "And he spent the night, obviously," Remy said, as if Hadley had asked a stupid question. Which he had. Why else would Kent have been here this morning?
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

"You never go on dates," Hadley countered. Remy never even hung out with friends, besides him. Speaking of him, Remy liked him! He knew she did, no matter how much she denied it. In fact, the more she denied it the more obvious it was. So why was she going out (and bringing home) some other guy? This made no sense and he didn't like it. "Why this guy? Why now?"

He decided not to touch her "he spend the night, obviously" comment because he didn't want to even think about it.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

"Because I like him, that's why," Remy said. "He asked me out and I said yes. Why does it matter?"

It was true that Remy hadn't gone out in quite some time but despite what Hadley said, it wasn't like it had never happened before. She just didn't usually have the time or the patience. "You're the reason I met him, anyway. He's a therapist at your clinic."

Remy didn't usually go out enough to actually get to know guys, but Kent had been at the right place at the right time every Wednesday. Lucky him.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 pm

She had met him at Hadley's clinic? Somehow he felt oddly offended by that. Like, his therapy appointments did not exist so that Remy could meet random guys. "Why do you like him?" he continued to press. This was bothering the shit out of him.

Why, though? Nila asked.

Because she's supposed to like me, not this guy, Hadley replied. It was just how things were.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:52 pm

"Why does it matter?" Remy repeated, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. Why did Hadley care so much? It wasn't like she had never had guys over before. He had never cared then.

Was he... was he actually jealous? That she had gone out with someone instead of sitting at home?
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:42 pm

"I just don't understand," Hadley said, walking over and taking a seat. He decided to just be blunt and cut right to the chase. He wasn't going to get any answers by being vague or lying. "I know you like me, so why would you go out with him?"
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:01 pm

"Well maybe you over-thought that a little bit," Remy said pointedly.

It wasn't like Hadley had ever liked her back. Why did it even matter if she liked him or not? All he had done was torment her about it whenever it came up. For months.

"And that still doesn't answer why you care so much."
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Hadley opened his mouth to speak before realizing he didn't know what to say to that. Okay, yeah, he could admit to himself that it bothered him. He liked what he had with Remy, whatever it was, and he didn't want some guy coming in and changing it. Especially when Remy was all he had right now.

I think that means that you're the jealous one this time, Nila pointed out, almost wanting to laugh. Hadley had never felt like this before and it was confusing the hell out of him.

What? No. No. He wasn't jealous. He just...selfishly wanted to continue being the most important clio in Remy's life, as opposed to this asshole therapist guy. That wasn't jealousy.

"I don't," he lied finally. "I just didn't get why you would want to go out with anyone else. What's so special about this guy, anyways?"
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:23 am

"Oh, I don't know," Remy said, entirely confused by Hadley's behavior, "maybe because he's a nice guy with a good job? And he likes me." That last point was obviously the most important, because the last guy she'd liked had also been nice (to her...sometimes) and had a good job, but he had also made it blatantly obvious that he didn't like her back.

I just didn't get why you would want to go out with anyone else.

"What, are you trying to say that I should still be hung up on you?" she asked, hating herself for admitting that she ever was hung up on him in the first place.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:50 am

Well, yes, was that really so unreasonable?

"I just--I don't know, not that you should, but I mean..." Hadley struggled with what he was trying to convey here. At this point even Nila was in disbelief. She had never seen Hadley so tongue-tied before, and considering she had been bound to him since they were born, that was saying something.

Hadley was surprised at himself too. How hard was it to explain calmly and rationally that he wanted Remy to keep having feelings for him and not have feelings for anyone else because he liked her more than anyone else?

"What I'm trying to say is," he finally said, "I thought you were happy with the way things were."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:02 am

"With the way what things were?" Remy asked. "Exactly what are you trying to say here, Hadley?"

He wanted her to be alone because why? Why was the idea of her being happy with someone so horrible to him that he was sputtering around like a fish out of water?

I think...I think he likes you, Vex said, finding it hard to believe, himself.

"Are you talking about us?" Remy asked, her eyes growing wide. "If you were so sure I liked you, how could you possibly think I was happy with that? Who would be happy with that?" That being nothing of course. Nothing sprinkled with a little bit of humiliation every now and then.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 am

"You seemed happy," he said, thinking back. Sure, she had always gotten mad when he teased her for her crush. But then she turned right around and teased him for something. It was just how they did things. Hell, for the period of time that he had been too depressed to pick on her, she had tried to bait him into it. "What's wrong with how things are?"
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:15 am

"What's wrong with things, Hadley? Maybe you should tell me what things even are, because I'm obviously too dumb to get the picture here."

What the hell did Hadley want from her? She'd liked him, he'd teased her, she was trying to move on. Now he was upset because things wouldn't be the same? What did it matter to him. It wasn't like he was going to stop teasing her because she went on a few dates.

"Why do you care if I like someone else?"
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:19 am

This was getting nowhere, and just confusing both of them even more. Remy wasn't getting what he was trying to explain. Fuck it. He was just going to say what he was thinking as simply and bluntly as possible. She could take it however she wanted. "I don't want you to like someone else," he said. "I don't know why. I just don't."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:27 am

Remy paused, her heart beating in her ears.

"I don't know what to tell you, then," she finally said. "All I know is if I thought you felt about me how I feel about you, then Kent never would have been in the picture."

Everything was racing; her mind, her heart, her breath. Why was it so hard for him to just admit it, if it was true?

"But if not...well, then I'm not fine with things."
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:37 am

"All I know is if I thought you felt about me how I feel about you, then Kent never would have been in the picture."

"I don't know if I feel the same way," he admitted honestly. Remy was his only non-familial relationship, really. He didn't have anything to compare it to. He'd never really felt much for anyone before. "I feel happy when you're around. It's probably the only time I do feel happy." Hell, he had even made coffee guy his replacement-Remy today.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:43 am

And there it was. The moment of truth that Remy had never wanted to hear. It was why moving on was best for her--it was why she had never bothered pursuing Hadley.

"I can make you happy and still be with Kent, then," Remy said calmly, letting the emotion out of her voice. "I work for you Hadley. I live with you. I'll still be here."

They didn't feel the same way. Because having Hadley around wasn't enough for Remy. If it had been, Remy wouldn't have cared when she'd thought Arizona had slept with him. Hadley didn't see that.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:50 am

"That isn't enough, though," Hadley said, frowning. Remy still didn't understand, but he wasn't sure how to make her. He wouldn't be happy if he knew she was off with someone else, someone she cared about more. "I can't explain it." He sighed. If he couldn't explain it, how could he expect Remy to listen? Maybe it wasn't even worth explaining. Maybe it was just his usual selfishness, wanting Remy to like him the most just because it was him. He didn't even know anymore.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:56 am

"Well that isn't enough either," Remy said. "I'm sorry."

If Hadley couldn't come out and say how he felt, Remy wasn't going to go begging. And Remy wasn't sure she wanted to deal with someone who couldn't even explain his own feelings to himself. The question was simple. Do you like me? Or don't you?

Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 am

They sat in awkward silence for a while.

"Well," Hadley finally said in a resigned sort of voice, "alright then."

That was that. If Remy wasn't happy with how things were and wanted to make a change, what was he going to do? Stop her? Maybe in the past he honestly would have tried to somehow. Then again, in the past he also hadn't felt this way towards her. Besides, as much as he wanted himself to be happy, he did want her to be happy too.

Figuring that there just wasn't anything more to be said, he got up and started walking off in the direction of his office. "I'm going to go get some work done with Nila," he said.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:29 pm

"Just admit it," Remy said as Hadley got to the doorway. She said it before she thought it through, but ultimately wasn't sorry about it.

Had they really just had this conversation so that they could leave it like this? No, Remy decided, they hadn't.

She stood up from her spot on the couch. "You like me. Why can't you just say it?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 am