Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 24
    Daemon Name : Nila
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

Re: the moment of truth :: hadley

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Remy wrote:"Just admit it,"

He stopped. The way she said admit it, like he was trying to hide something. He was being honest about how he felt, he just didn't know the best way to put it into words. He didn't want to just tell her what she wanted to hear and then disappoint her later.

I think she just wants a yes or no, Nila said patiently. And if you want her to always be around because she makes you happy and you don't want her to go out with anyone else, I think that would be a "yes."

Maybe Nila was right.

"I think I do," he said to Remy.
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 27
    Daemon Name : Vex

Post by Remy Monroe on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:33 pm

That was all Remy needed to hear. She walked up to Hadley, whose back was still facing her from his attempt to leave, and put a hand on his shoulder so he would turn around. I hope he did, because then Remy took a giant leap of faith and leaned in to kiss him.

Despite her period of awkward embarrassment, and the months she had spent feeling weird about liking Hadley, she was still Remy, and Remy had a certain confidence that propelled her forward when given the opportunity.

She didn't think as she finally kissed him, just let instinct take over. The fact that he was her best friend and boss didn't matter now--she was just Remy, in love with a man she had never thought she'd ever fall for.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Hadley waited and waited for Remy to say something in response, but instead he felt her hand on his shoulder. He turned around, once again expecting her to say something, only to be completely caught off guard when she kissed him.

Well. This was...something.

He stood there for a second, too surprised to really do anything, before sort of hesitantly kissing her back. It was actually kind of nice.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Kind of nice for Hadley was very nice for Remy, who had been waiting forever for this moment even though she didn't know she had. It was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders when she felt him start kissing her back.

When she pulled away her heart was beating in her ears. She looked at him, wanting to see his expression, and she was met with happy news. Because Hadley, while looking a little disoriented, also didn't look put off. She let out a quiet breath.

That had just happened.

"That just happened," she said with a small smile, still in a little disbelief herself.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 pm

"It did just happen," Hadley agreed, still mildly surprised at both Remy and himself. As usual he found himself wishing he could see Remy's face. He hoped she looked happy. She sounded like she was, at least. "What now?"

Hadley had never been in a relationship before and had no idea how to be in one. He was glad that that mess of a conversation had somehow ended up like this, with both of them on the same page and everything out in the open finally. Him and Remy, together. How weird. Good, but weird.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:03 pm

"I don't know," Remy admitted, not being able to hide the smile from her voice. "But I'm not sure it really matters."

All that mattered was that they were here, together. A world of possibilities had opened up--things she had never bothered thinking about because she had always known there was no reason to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 pm