can't we all just get along? nah! ;; hadley

Lysander Sparkes

Male Age : 24
    Daemon Name : Layla
    Eilemaiden : Dian

can't we all just get along? nah! ;; hadley

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:52 pm

It had been a couple days since Lysander had searched for his mother, but found his long lost sister instead. It had also been a couple days since he was invited to live with said sister, and here he was, living in the overloridians estate, with a huge suite, that didn't smell like cabbage! He didn't even have to work anymore. Plus, he even had servants who did everything for him! It was like a dream come true!

It was about noon, and he had finally just woken up. He was making his way to the kitchen, to eat whatever the fuck he wanted. He was hoping to avoid Hadley, since he knew that he didn't like him, and when he reached the kitchen it was empty. So far, so good!

Lysander began to rummage through the cupboards, grabbing whatever looked good.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Daemon Name : Nila
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

Re: can't we all just get along? nah! ;; hadley

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Hadley was outside, trying to teach himself how to navigate the vast grounds of his estate without help. Well, Nila was still there to help tell him whenever he was about to trip over something, but aside from her he was on his own. Unfortunately it was hot as balls outside, and Hadley decided to quit for now so he could go get some water.

He went in and made his way to the kitchen, where someone was rustling around. When Nila told him who it was, his mood soured a little. Lysander. Hadley had been mostly content with Lysander staying out of his way these first couple days. Unfortunately Remy wouldn't shut up about him, and everything she told him made Hadley more and more sure that she was being played. He didn't like it. Only he was allowed to mess with Remy, dammit.

Anyways. He went over to the cupboard where the cups usually were and started to feel around for a glass to use. They weren't there. He swore the fucking kitchen staff was always moving things just to fuck with him. "Fuck," he muttered, annoyed. To Lysander, he said, "While going through my kitchen, did you happen to see where the cups are?"
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Damn. As Hadley made his way into the kitchen, Lysander tried to sneak out, but his daemon saw him before he could. He stood there and watched Hadley fumble around for a cup, and felt a little bad for the guy. Lysander had a sucky life but at least he didn't go through it blind.

"Here," he said, while grabbing a glass from the cupboard and sticking it into Hadley's hand. "You had it right, they're just pushed back a bit."

He awkwardly stood there, hoping they wouldn't have to talk to each other much more.

Layla rolled her eyes. You should at least try to get along with him! she said. If you want to continue this stupid charade you don't want him kicking you out. Not that she thought her clio's actions were right, she just tried to be there for him the best she could.

Lysander knew she was right, and sighed softly. "So uh...what's up?"
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Hadley muttered out a "thanks" in spite of himself, and stuck the cup under the sink faucet to fill it. He took a nice long drink while Lysander tried to start up a conversation.

Mr. Sparkles wrote:"So uh...what's up?"

"Nothing," Hadley said honestly, since he was stuck at the estate pretty much 24/7 and couldn't really get out to do much. He really needed to start getting out and travelling by himself, but it made him nervous (not that he would admit that to anybody). Maybe he should try to go visit Solange or something.

"How are you liking it here?" he asked, deciding he wanted to try to figure out if his assumptions about Lysander's less-than-honest motivations were true. "You must've been pretty surprised when you found out you had family living here."
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Hadley wrote:"How are you liking it here?" "You must've been pretty surprised when you found out you had family living here."

"Your place is badass," Lysander replied. "I've never lived like this before." He gestured to the whole kitchen with his hands, forgetting momentarily that Hadley was blind. "I was just surprised in general," he went on. "I mean I was just expecting to find my mother, not my sister!" A spoiled sister who got to live with her mother and live in a nice house. Did I ever mention that Lysander was sort of the jealous type? "But yeah...badass place you got here..."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28 pm

"Oh, I'm glad you like it." Hadley replied in a friendly, conversational tone. "Yeah, things really ended up working out well for you, didn't they? That's good. It's nice that you didn't end up, y'know, resenting Remy or anything when you found out she lived here. I think a lot of clio in your situation would have."

"And Remy is really excited about meeting you," he continued. "So it's just also really good to know that you're not the type of clio who would take advantage of that."

He smiled amiably.
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Lysander smirked slightly, but had to stop himself. He kept forgetting that Hadley's daemon could still see. "Remy is great," he replied. "I've never had somebody care about me before." Then he added, "Other than the Sparkes."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Ugh. Scrutinizing other clio was so much more difficult without having their facial expressions to go by. Not to mention Hadley was a little out of practice. He was still getting dishonesty vibes from Lysander, though. Time to throw subtlety out the window.

"She is great," he agreed with a nod. "I care about her a lot. I want her to be happy, you know? Which is why I'm so glad you turned out to be such a nice guy, and not, like, some kind of opportunistic freeloader who's only interested in her money. Or something."
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Lysander knew what Hadley was doing. He wasn't as stupid as Hadley probably thought he was. "I'm glad she had somebody to lean on when our mother passed away," he said. "It's too bad I hadn't of tried to find Elisabeth sooner." That wasn't a lie. While he was glad that he was getting stuff out of the relationship with Remy, he still would have liked to meet his mother. At least just to ask her why.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:04 pm

"What would you have done if you had?" Hadley asked, since Lysander wasn't reacting at all to his thinly-veiled accusations. He still didn't believe that Lysander would have been nearly as curious about meeting his mother if she had, say, been living in a cheap little apartment as opposed to a huge expensive estate. He wondered what would have happened in Lysander had tried to find her sooner, before her and Remy moved in here.
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:14 pm

"Then I guess I would have gotten to meet my mother," Lysander replied with a shrug. "I wish I could ask her why," he added. "Why didn't she keep me?" Maybe Remy knew the answer. He would just have to talk to her about it later.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:19 pm

"She was a teenager with no money who already had one kid," Hadley said instantly, to answer his question. Honestly he figured Lysander would already know that, it was pretty obvious. Lysander should have seen Elisabeth's date of birth on whatever documents he had and known how young she was. From there, the money thing was sort of just a given. "That would be why." Seriously, he hadn't pieced that together on his own?
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 pm

Lysander frowned. Dick. "But why me and not us both?" He said instead. "I'm sure there are plenty of teenaged mothers out there struggling to take care of her two children, but loving them all the same." He sighed, "But I guess somebody with such a prestigious life like you wouldn't understand."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 am

"Love doesn't mean anything if you can't afford to feed your kids," Hadley said, maybe a little too callously. "She gave you up because you were born second, simple as that. Life isn't fair sometimes. Sorry you had to find out this way."

Hadley wasn't usually this openly disdainful when it came to other clio's misfortunes, but for some reason Lysander was bringing it out in him. On top of disliking him on principle, maybe he was also just offended by Lysander's "prestigious life" comment. He sure as hell did understand, better than Lysander apparently.
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 am

Lysander's brow furrowed. He should have just tried sneaking out of the kitchen anyway. "Damn dude," he replied, while reaching out and slapping Hadley heartedly on the shoulder. "You sure do know how to be a sweetheart!" He said this all sarcastically of course. He wasn't going to let Hadley onto his true motives, but he was done being nice to the guy.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 am

Hadley shrugged Lysander's hand off his shoulder, both annoyed and surprised at suddenly being smacked without warning, even if it was in a "friendly" way. "I'm just telling you the truth," he said. "It isn't my fault if it's not what you wanted to hear."

You maybe could have said it a little nicer? Nila suggested tentatively.

I'm not a nice clio, Hadley replied. Especially not to someone who wants to take advantage of Remy.
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:56 am

"Well," Lysander replied. "You don't have to be such a dick."

Layla shook her head, and gave an apologetic, foxy, look to Nila. These poor daemons and their stupid clio.

Lysander didn't care though, he was so done. And he had Remy on his side anyway. She was practically wrapped around his finger. That's all that mattered.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 am

"I don't have any reason to be nice to you," Hadley replied. "Remy might not be able to see it yet, but I know what you're doing and why you're really here."

And he hoped Remy figured it out soon, too, so that he could kick Lysander the hell out of his house and never think about him again.

Hadley, Nila tried to reason, even if you're right, isn't that a little...awful? Even for you?

Not if this guy ends up hurting Remy, he thought back.
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:18 am

"And I have no reason to be nice to you either my good friend!" Lysander replied cheerfully. "I'm here for one thing, and one thing only, to get to know my sister!" He chuckled. "Man does it feel good to get that off my chest!" He started to yawn, and began to speak in mid-yawn. "You know Hadley...I knew I wasn't going to like you from the beginning."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:23 am

"Well you'll be glad to hear that feeling was mutual," Hadley replied coolly. He didn't need Lysander to admit why he was really here. He knew. And if Lysander thought it would bother Hadley that he disliked him, he clearly didn't realize he was far from alone in that opinion. "You know you're only here because I'm allowing it, right?"
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:34 am

"Oh-ho!" Lysander exclaimed. "Look who's Mr. Big Man now!" He leaned forward to get a little closer to Hadley's face. "And what do you expect will happen?" He asked slyly. "If you kick out Remy's one and only brother?"
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 am

Hadley could tell from the sound of Lysander's voice that he was suddenly a bit closer to him. He glared, unmoving. "Remy is smart," he said. "It's only a matter of time before she sees right through you. And then I don't think she'll care when I kick out her one and only brother."

Right now, Remy was just too caught up in the shock of the whole situation. Once that had worn off, she'd realize the truth and side with Hadley. She'd known him for years, compared to the few days she'd known Lysander.
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:00 am

"She is smart," Lysander replied, not backing down. "Probably smarter than you and I put together." He straightened his back, starting to feel bored with this. "I'm not a bad clio, Hadley," he told him. "I'm not going to take advantage of my only known living family member's life!" He shook his head. "Now you on the other hand? I'm not so sure about you."

It was all lies. Let's face it, we all knew what Lysander was really up to. However, while he was using his sister, it probably wouldn't hurt to get to know her a little, maybe.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:09 pm

"I'm not a bad clio either," Hadley said evenly, answering Lysander's lie with one of his own. It seemed like Lysander was one of the rare types of clio who could lie just as easily as him. That was how Hadley knew what Lysander was up to; it wasn't at all unlike something he himself would've done in a similar situation in the past, though maybe for different reasons. Maybe that was why Remy was so uncharacteristically oblivious. Unlike the two of them, she really was a good clio. "If I was, you wouldn't be here right now."
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:11 am

"So sweet of you, Hadley," replied Lysander. He narrowed his eyes at him, wishing he could see his dirty look. "I'm just going to go to my room now," he told him. "And eat my late breakfast." Lysander swiped the food that he scrounged up from the counter. "I'll leave you to enjoy being a good clio."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:55 am