The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

let's be friends ;; joel

Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Hamilton
    Eilemaiden : Adhbhar

let's be friends ;; joel Empty let's be friends ;; joel

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:51 pm

It was late and Arizona had woken suddenly. For once she wasn't drunk or hungover but she had to pee, and her tongue was dry. She tossed the covers from her body and immediately felt cold. She only had on a white cami and a pair of pink jammie shorts. She climbed out of bed and rubbed her arms, and shuffled sleepily to the bathroom attached to her bedroom. She did her business then left her room and ventured toward the kitchen for a glass of water.

It was so eerily quiet in her large estate, it was kind of creepy. She rubbed her eyes and ran a hand through her crazy, frizzy bed head, and turned down the hall and into the kitchen. She flipped on the lights and jumped when she saw another clio in her kitchen. It was only Joel, one of her newest security guards, just making his rounds. He had been working for her for a few weeks and she still knew nothing about him. Only that his beard and dark hair made him look extra mysterious and sexy! She felt suddenly self conscious in her lack of clothing.

"Oh sorry!" She squeaked. "I wasn't expecting anybody to be in here!" She immediately felt stupid afterward. It was her home! Why was she apologizing to him?
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Male Age : 35
    Daemon Name : Ampersand
    Eilemaiden : Deilig

let's be friends ;; joel Empty Re: let's be friends ;; joel

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:04 pm

It was Joel's third week "working for" the Adhbhar overloridian as part of her nighttime security team. He honestly hadn't known what to expect when he took on the task of spying on her. Maybe that it would be more difficult? He had been informed by his own overloridian that she was apparently an idiot; however, if someone had asked him to guess what his new "boss" would be like in detail, he would never have been able to guess that she was a wild, cheerful young woman who seemed more interested in drinking and partying than in politics. In just three weeks he had seen her stumble in, completely incoherent, while working his shift at least five times.

Was this one of those times? he wondered, looking up when Overloridian Arizona wandered into the kitchen in the middle of the night. She was wearing, er, minimal clothing, so he looked away immediately, feeling weirdly embarrassed to see her like this. Otherwise she didn't seem drunk, just surprised to see him.

"No need to apologize, Overloridian," he said in his professional voice. He wished she would go put some clothes on so he'd know where to look at her. "I'm just patrolling the estate, don't mind me."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Arizona blushed despite herself. What the heck? Everybody here called her "Overloridian", why was it embarrassing for this guy to call her that?

I think you have a crush on hiiiim! Hamilton teased.

Shut up! I do not! she replied. Daemons could be so embarrassing.

What was even weirder, is that she was feeling shy around this guy. She never felt shy around anybody. This was a new, unfamiliar feeling, and she didn't really like it. She crossed her arms over her chest, and starting walking toward the cupboards that held all of her glassware. Ugh why did he have to be standing right next to it?

"Excuse me," she said shyly, while reaching up to open the cupboard door. Her arm brushed against his strong, rock hard bicep and she pulled away like he had shocked her. "Sorry! Just needed to get a cup..." Oh Gods kill me now!

Awkwardly, she filled up her glass with water and took a sip. She turned toward him and leaned on the counter with her butt. "You don't have to call me that...by the way," she said quietly. "You can call me Arizona."
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Joel moved to get out of Overloridian Arizona's way when she approached, but ended up doing that awkward thing where he didn't know which direction she was going, and inadvertently ended up right in her path. When she brushed up against his arm, he pulled away too, though not quite as violently as her. Why was she acting like this? So nervous? Did she suspect something about him?

Er, I don't think you have to worry about that, Amp said. She was pretty sure the lady was just being shy. She didn't seem to have enough awareness to suspect him of anything, thankfully.

He cleared his throat when she told him to call her Arizona. "I'm not sure that would be appropriate," he said, looking at her and then awkwardly looking away again. "You're my boss, after all." Despite this girl being so unlike how he'd think an overloridian should act, she was still an overloridian. His superior.

You're supposed to be spying on her, dumb-dumb, Amp said, rolling her eyes. She's not your real boss. Maybe getting a little personal would help! Or a lot personal. Her clio was a good-looking guy, he should use that to get the overloridian off her guard!

Even though he knew Amp was right, Joel tried to ignore her. Her suggestions just made him uncomfortable.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Joel wrote:"I'm not sure that would be appropriate," "You're my boss, after all."

Arizona waved her free hand dismissively. "Oh please," she replied. "It's not a big deal!" She liked having things informal and comfortable. She considered each and every one of her staff members a friend of hers, and even partied with a couple of them on numerous occasions. She had never met a man so conventional. She decided then and there that she was going to try getting this guy out of his shell.

She finished her glass of water and turned to set it in the sink. She turned back around and flipped her head over to run both hands through her unruly hair. When she stood back up she tried to pad it down a little, but knew there was no point. She was cursed with this mop.

"Ugh," she sighed with a roll of her eyes. "Sometimes I think it would be better if I just shaved my head bald."

Ari was starting to feel less shy, but she still wasn't happy. How annoying.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Come on, Amp was still insisting. Be friendly! Get to know her. What do you think is going to happen to us if you don't?

Gah. She had him there. This job, getting information about Overloridian Arizona, was extremely important, and if he came back empty handed it would not be pretty for him. And he hadn't gotten much by snooping around the estate. Even Ov. Arizona was smart enough to keep her important stuff locked away somewhere safe. Maybe being, ugh, friendly really was his best hope.

"Alright, um, Arizona," he said with a nod. The less formal name sounded weird on his tongue. He couldn't imagine calling his own overloridian by his first name only. He had no idea what to say when she started complaining about her hair.

Ugh, you're clueless when it comes to women, you know that? Amp said. Tell her her hair looks great the way it is.

"Oh, um, I think your hair looks fine," he said, feeling incredibly awkward. How had he ever gotten chosen for this job?
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Joel wrote:"Oh, um, I think your hair looks fine,"

Arizona laughed. "Oh you don't have to lie," she said lightly. "My hair is insane!" She actually worried about what he really thought of her hair, which was odd. Maybe she could work harder on it and see if she could tame its frizziness. She wondered then if he thought she was pretty. She certainly thought he was handsome. Internally she shook her head, who cares what he thought?!

"Um so..." she pursed her lips, trying to think of what to say. "How have you been liking it here so far?"
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:14 pm

You gotta be more convincing, Joel, Amp continued to coach him. Act more natural!

What the hell did that even mean? Joel started blocking Amp out so he could focus on his conversation with Arizona. "Oh, it's great here," he said, not sure how convincing he sounded. "Adhbhar is uh, very nice. Everyone's been really welcoming so far." In reality he didn't have much of an opinion about Adhbhar, other than that it did have some admittedly impressive architecture. And he hadn't really given anyone the chance to be welcoming, considering how he kept to himself most of the time.

"I'm...happy to be getting the chance to work for you," he added, feeling like he should throw some sort of compliment on there. "You seem like a, a good leader."

Amp rolled her eyes.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Joel wrote:"I'm...happy to be getting the chance to work for you," he added, feeling like he should throw some sort of compliment on there. "You seem like a, a good leader."

Arizona actually blushed and looked away. What the hell was wrong with her?! She never felt like this around other guys, she made out with complete strangers plenty of times! But maybe that's just it, they were complete strangers, not to mention she was drunk. But this guy, she saw him everywhere, and although he was a stranger, he might not be in the future.

"Well I appreciate that," she replied. "I'm glad you like it here, I want all of my staff to be as comfortable as possible!" She grinned at him, "If you ever need anything, don't ever hesitate to ask!"
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:26 pm

"Maybe just your company for a little longer?" Joel asked impulsively, somehow managing to actually sound charming despite his horrible discomfort with this entire situation. Even Ampersand looked surprised. Maybe there was some hope for her clio yet! "I just mean, I've been working here for three weeks, and I realized I don't know a thing about you yet."

He wasn't sure if she would tell him anything useful, but this could definitely be a start.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:08 pm

"Oh! Well, okay..." Arizona tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "I've lived in Adhbhar all my life and uh..." she bit her lip, thinking. "I've always been really close to my parents and brother..." She felt lame telling him all of this. "I dunno...my life hasn't been all that interesting I guess..."

Although she had a lot of interesting drunk stories she could share with him, none were coming up in her head.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

"You're an overloridian. How could your life not be interesting?" Joel wondered out loud. He wanted to try to segue this into talking about her job so that he could maybe figure out some more sensitive political information. Of course he didn't really expect that to happen right away. Realistically it could take weeks for her to spill any of that, if she did at all. But showing interest in her work was a start. "I bet your work can be pretty fascinating sometimes."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Joel wrote:"I bet your work can be pretty fascinating sometimes."

Arizona laughed. "Sure," she replied. "If you think going to meeting after meeting with stuffy old men is fascinating!" If she could, Ari would quit her job and just party her life away. Not that she didn't like her job, she liked being in control, and she loved all of her clio of Adhbhar, but sometimes it was stressful and she wished she could just get away from it all from time to time.

"It's hard work," she told him. "And I love every minute of it...but I wish it wasn't so constant." She shrugged. "Maybe I'm just immature."
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah, maybe, Joel replied inside his head, thinking of all the times he had seen Arizona stumble home drunk. Not exactly the symbol of maturity and responsible leadership. She sure did find enough breaks in her "constant" work to go out and party all the time. But he couldn't exactly say that to her, so instead he just said, "Well, part of being a leader means making sacrifices, right? I'm sure the clio of Adhbhar appreciate all the hard work you do for them." It was almost hard to keep a straight face.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Joel wrote:"Well, part of being a leader means making sacrifices, right? I'm sure the clio of Adhbhar appreciate all the hard work you do for them."

"I sure hope so," she replied. "A lot of clio frown upon my partying, but they don't realize that I still get my work done!" Arizona shrugged and pushed herself off from the counter. She made her way across the kitchen to the cabinet that held snacks. "I want some cookies," she said. "Do you want anything?" She bent down to grab the cookies from the bottom shelf, hoping Joel would notice her butt. Okay so yeah, she had a crush on him, and now that she could admit it, maybe she could flirt with him, but when she stood back up with her cookies and turned to look at him, all her confidence left. Damn.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 am

"I sure hope so," she replied. "A lot of clio frown upon my partying, but they don't realize that I still get my work done!"

Joel hesitated for a moment before saying, "Well...some clio might say that, even if you get the work done, partying all the time puts out a bad image."

Whoa! Joel! Amp exclaimed, looking at him like he was crazy. This is your fake boss you're talking to! You're supposed to be sucking up to her to learn her secrets, not criticizing her!

Gahhh. Joel knew she was right, but he hadn't been able to stop himself. Arizona was an overloridian, she had to know that her lifestyle wasn't good for public relations! He knew he shouldn't care, she wasn't even his overloridian, but it just bugged him for some reason. He had always been taught how to be responsible growing up, and seeing clio eschew that bothered him.

He politely looked away as Arizona bent over in her little shorts. "No thank you," he said when she asked if he wanted anything. "I shouldn't eat while I'm on the clock."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 am

Joel wrote:"Well...some clio might say that, even if you get the work done, partying all the time puts out a bad image."

Arizona shook her head and sighed. "You should just like my brother," she told him. "Maybe you and Kavi should be friends."

Joel wrote:"No thank you," "I shouldn't eat while I'm on the clock."

"Nonsense," she replied, while walking toward him. "We're the only ones in here, nobody has to know." She thrust the cookies against his chest so that he was forced to grab them. She nibbled on one of the ones in her hand. "I don't know who invented these, but Gods they're amazing!"
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 am

Oh, well at least she didn't get mad, but she also didn't seem to take his comment into consideration at all. How did she not care how she appeared to her clio? Joel just couldn't understand it. "Maybe," he said. He knew Arizona's brother was an adviser, maybe he could try getting some information out of him, too. "I wouldn't mind meeting him sometime."

He blinked in confusion when she shoved the cookies into his hands. "Oh--No, I appreciate it, but I'd really rather not," he said, setting them onto the table. "It's late, plus these aren't that great for you." Joel cared a lot about his body and health. He never snacked at night, especially on junk food like cookies.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:31 am

"Psh, you need to lighten up a little!" Said Arizona as she playfully punched him on the arm. "I'm pretty sure one cookie will not ruin your girlish figure." She grinned, hoping he'd catch on that she was joking. "I always make sure I have my four basic food groups handy, beer, whiskey, vodka, and wine!" She giggled and Hamilton rolled his eyes.

"You know," she said. "I should take you out with me sometime, show you how to party."
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Joel frowned, slightly taken aback when Arizona lightly punched him on the arm and teased him. He knew she was joking and wasn't outright insulted or anything, he was just a little surprised by her straightforwardness. She was his boss (sort of) but she was acting like they were best buddies or something.

He was even more blown away by her description of the "four basic food groups." Geez, what was this girl, an alcoholic? It was incredible that Adhbhar wasn't in ruins. Public image aside, did she not realize how bad it was for her to just be drinking constantly?

Arizona wrote:"You know," she said. "I should take you out with me sometime, show you how to party."

A million different variations on how to say "no" ran through Joel's head. "Er, that's alright, I'm good," he settled on. "I'm not really a, uh, party type guy."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:35 am

Joel wrote:"Er, that's alright, I'm good," he settled on. "I'm not really a, uh, party type guy."

"Nonsense!" Arizona said again. "Everybody has a little party in them, just takes the right kind of party to bring them out!" She grinned and got an excited look in her eye. "I'll throw one this weekend!" She said while grabbing his hand excitedly. "You have no choice, you have to go!"
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 am

What? No. Joel did not have any "party" in him. "I...don't think you can just make me go to a party," he said weakly, even though, in all reality, she probably could. She was his fake boss, and the total ruler of the country they were in. She could probably make him do whatever she wanted if he wanted to keep his job. Not that that made it okay.

Maybe this is a good thing, Amp pointed out. It'll be a lot easier to get secrets from her if she's drunk.

Ugh. She was right. Still though, when he found out he was getting this job to spy on Arizona, he never thought it would require partying. "Well...if you insist," he relented with a sigh. "I guess I can attend." He was not drinking though.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:26 pm

"Hurray!" Arizona cheered. "I can't wait, it's going to be so much fun!" She threw her arms around his neck before she stopped herself, and blushed immediately after. It was okay though, he was going to be at her party! "Don't worry," she said. "There will be other staff members there!"
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Joel awkwardly hugged Arizona back, mostly because he didn't know how else to react. He had just never met anyone quite like this woman before. "That's, uh, good to know," he replied, even though he didn't know any of the other staff members that well at all.

Your JOB is to know them! Amp exclaimed, exasperated. How had such an antisocial clio gotten chosen for a spy mission? This party was a blessing in disguise for them.

"Well hey, I should probably get back to work," Joel said, looking around. "You know, patrolling your mansion and stuff."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:39 pm

"Yeah you're right," Arizona replied. "I should probably get back to bed too..." And as if on cue she had to stifle a yawn. "Have a good night Joel!" She said to him as she began to walk out of the kitchen. "Can't wait to see you this weekend!"

And with that, she left and headed straight for her bedroom, and snuggled deeply into her covers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm