The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Joel doesn't party hardy ;; Joel

Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Hamilton
    Eilemaiden : Adhbhar

Joel doesn't party hardy ;; Joel Empty Joel doesn't party hardy ;; Joel

Post by Arizona Samples Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:09 pm

It was finally Friday! Friday night to be exact. Arizona had been busy all week, doing her overloridian stuff. Kavi was proud, probably. She had sent out all the invitations to her friends from different eilemaidens a few days ago, and practically all of them RSVP'd "Yes!" Earlier she had gone out to buy the essentials. Food and lots of booze. She had spent the whole day getting everything ready. Buffet of snacks in the kitchen, plenty of water for the clio who didn't want to be hungover the next day, and the smorgasbord of alcohol was all in the giant living room, just waiting to be used.

Afterwards she spent the rest of her time getting ready. She wanted to look as sexy as possible. Joel was going to be there and she wanted to impress him. She wore a short, black, strapless dress, that was covered in glittery sequins. For once she managed to take control of her hair. It was smoothed back into a sock bun on the top of her head, and little blonde fringes hung at her temples. Her make up was dark and sparkly, to match her dress, and her lips were bright red to match her bright red heels. She looked good.

The party was well underway and a lot of guests were already there, some were already tipsy even. There was one guest missing though. Joel.

Arizona started to panic and started to drink more as she looked for him. More and more clio were showing up and it started to get harder to find him. This really sucked.

Ari's dress!:
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Male Age : 35
    Daemon Name : Ampersand
    Eilemaiden : Deilig

Joel doesn't party hardy ;; Joel Empty Re: Joel doesn't party hardy ;; Joel

Post by Joel Angelo Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:21 pm

What the hell am I even doing? Joel thought to himself as he approached the location of Arizona's party. He was a spy pretending to be a security guard attending the party of his fake boss who was also the overloridian. Just thinking about it made him realize how ridiculous it was, like some kind of mad-lib. Even without all that baggage, he didn't even like parties! He didn't like drinking, or big crowds, or loud music, or talking to clio.

It's for the greater good, Joel, Amp told him. The overloridian will be drunk, and you can use your, heh, charm to get her to spill some secrets. She was laughing because her clio didn't really have any charm whatsoever. The only charming thing about him was his looks.

He finally walked in and was immediately accosted by the noise. On top of the live band Arizona had hired, everyone was screaming in order to be heard by their friends. Deciding that he already hated everything about this, he awkwardly hung out close to the wall, trying to stay as far from the crowd as possible. Still, he had to find Arizona somehow, though. He craned his neck, trying to find a wild mess of blonde hair somewhere in the crowd. No such luck.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Arizona was a little drunk. She wasn't incoherent, but she was starting to slur her words a little. She had been asking around, trying to find Joel until finally one of her other employees pointed him out. She saw him looking awkward and out of place, leaning against the wall. He looked like he was looking for someone.

Is he looking for me?! She thought hopefully.

She made her way through the crowd until finally she got to him, and flung her arms around his stomach. "Oh Joel!" She squealed. "I was so worried you wouldn't show up!"

She stepped away and grinned at him.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Joel never did find that mess of wild blonde hair, because when Arizona showed up, she had it nice and tidy and pulled back. She was also dressed in a way that made his mind stop working right momentarily. He looked at her dumbly until she squealed his name and hugged him, snapping him out of it.

Arizona wrote:"I was so worried you wouldn't show up!"

"Well, here I am," Joel replied with a brave attempt at a casual smile. "You look, um, nice tonight. Really nice."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Joel wrote:"You look, um, nice tonight. Really nice."

Arizona blushed and was relieved that is was dark enough for Joel not to notice. "Thanks!" She replied. "I did this all...for you!" She told him, as she gestured to herself and giggled. She grabbed his hand. "Let's go dance!" If Joel had a chance to protest she either didn't hear him or didn't listen and pulled him into the crowd. She pulled him right up front, closest to the band, and started to dance closely to him. She wasn't grinding against him per say, but it was probably close enough to make Joel feel uncomfortable.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Arizona wrote:"I did this all...for you!"

"Really? You did?" Joel asked perplexedly. But she barely knew him! Not to mention it was awfully bold of her just to come out and say it like that. Then again, Arizona seemed like a very bold clio. This was confirmed when she grabbed him and announced that they should dance. She dragged him onto the dance floor, either ignoring or not hearing his weak protests, and started dancing all over him.

"I, I'm not much of a dancer," he sputtered, totally unprepared for this. Amp rolled her eyes and shook her head. Unprepared to dance at a party, seriously?

Maybe you should go get a drink, she told him.

What? Are you insane? Joel asked, trying to subtly back away from Arizona. Even if I did drink, I'm supposed to be on a mission here.

And you're failing miserably, Amp retorted. Maybe a little liquid courage will help you loosen up enough to actually fit in and talk to her like a normal clio. Just a little, Joel.

Ugh. FINE. If it would make this any easier. "Maybe you should show me where the drinks are," he said to Arizona, hoping that would get her to agree to leave the dance floor with him.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:53 pm

As Arizona danced, she realized that Joel wasn't dancing back. She stopped and pouted up at him. "You suck at dancing," she teased. "I'll have to teach you."

Joel wrote:"Maybe you should show me where the drinks are,"

"That sounds like a great idea!" She replied. She grabbed his hand again, pulling him through the crowd until they reached the bar in her living room. "I made sure to get everything!" She told him. "I'll make you something!" She quickly started making a drink and pushed it into his hand when she finished. If she hadn't of had to be an overloridian, she would have become a bartender.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Well, at least they were out of the dancing crowd now. Joel watched as Arizona expertly poured him a fancy drink. He hoped she put as much effort into overloridianing as she did drinking. Er...or maybe he shouldn't hope that, since she wasn't his overloridian. This whole thing made him feel so conflicted.

"Thank you," he said when she handed him a drink. He took a nice big drink of it and nearly choked. He'd never drank much before, only sipped wine, and he was not expecting the pure alcohol taste. Ughhhh. He didn't want to be rude and act like Arizona's drink was as disgusting as it was though, so he braced himself and took another drink. He drank quickly, thinking it would be easier just to get it over with.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:01 am

Arizona smiled cutely at him as he finished his drink. He was so cute and handsome! "Would you like another?" She asked. "I'll make you another!" She made two more, another for him and one for her. "Cheers!" She said, as she touched her drink with his. She threw her head back and sucked her drink back like a pro. "Do you wanna keep dancing?" She asked, as she took hold of his hand once again.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Joel noticed Arizona smiling at him, and actually smiled back for a second before she quickly poured him another drink without giving him a chance to protest. Trying not to make a face, he drank the second one as quickly as the first, just as she did. Gods it was disgusting, but he forced it down.

Arizona wrote: "Do you wanna keep dancing?"

Oh good gods no. "Erm, do you think maybe we could just talk for a while?" he suggested instead. He knew he couldn't just start fishing for political secrets right away, he had to wait till she was drunker and more out of it later. He'd stick to personal things for now. "What did you mean before, when you said you did this all for me?"
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:00 am

Joel wrote:"What did you mean before, when you said you did this all for me?"

Arizona blushed and looked down at her feet for a moment. She felt suddenly shy, but she figured she might as well be honest. Or it could have just been the alcohol that gave her the courage. "Well I...I like you!" She replied, looking back up at him. "I think you're really cute!"

There, she finally admitted it, and she actually felt good. She didn't feel awkward or embarrassed, although if he rejected her that would suck. She'd get over it of course, there are plenty of other fish in the sea, but she wanted this fish!
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 pm

Joel was starting to feel a little warmer, his head a little lighter. He watched Arizona look away shyly before her confidence returned suddenly, with her boldly announcing that she liked him. He felt his stomach squirm a little with something unpleasant. Guilt? He knew that this should be a good thing, that he should be taking advantage of this situation to get close to her and gain her trust, but it was leaving a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Oh," was all he said for a moment. It was suddenly getting really difficult to think. He shook his head, trying to clear it, but that just made it worse. "I, um, didn't know." Pause. Maybe...maybe she wasn't being serious. "Do you mean that? You actually like me?"
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:52 am

Joel wrote:"Do you mean that? You actually like me?"

"Well, I mean...yeah!" Replied Arizona. "I mean...I know we've only known each other for a short amount of time, but I think you're really attractive and...I'd like to get to know you better!" She still had his hand in hers, and she squeezed it while smiling up at him. It was genuine, not like her drunken smirks or goofy grins. "Come on, let's go to the kitchen!"

She dragged him along with her, and left him standing by the snacks when they found their way to the kitchen. She immediately went to her cabinet, pushed aside some canned goods and pulled out a bottle of Amelia's best champagne. "Oh thank the Gods nobody found this!" She cheered. "This is so expensive but soooo good!" She managed to pop open the bottle and drank directly from its lips, and wiped away the bubbly foam when she pulled away. "Try some!" She said while handing it to Joel.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Joel just sort of dumbly took in Arizona's comments, realizing way too late that it would have been the perfect time to say, 'I'd like to get to know you better too!' and start fishing for secrets. His mind had slowed down considerably since guzzling those drinks. Instead, he said nothing as she lead him to the kitchen, though he was relieved to be away from the partying crowd. The lights in the kitchen seemed way too bright for some reason.

Psst, Amp said. She's talkin' to you.

Oh, right. Arizona. He brought his focus back to her. She was drinking champagne straight out of the bottle. Normally he would have been disgusted, but for some reason she made it look appealing at the moment.

Arizona wrote:"Try some!"

That didn't sound like too bad of an idea. He shrugged and tried the champagne, and wouldn't you know it, it was pretty good. "Thanks," he said, wiping his mouth off in an uncharacteristically sloppy way. "That was good!"

Hey...you should say the thing, Amp told him. Joel might have been getting too drunk to remember their mission, but she wasn't! That thing you thought before.

What? Oh. "Also I want to get to know you better too." He smiled, trying to look casual and charming, but probably just coming off as drunk and silly instead.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Joel wrote:"Also I want to get to know you better too."

Arizona smiled. "You do?" Their conversation was interrupted though, when two drunk girls stumbled into the kitchen for some snacks. They each had to greet and hug Ari, before grabbing some crackers and skittering back to where all the dancing was.

"Sorry," she replied, as she watched the two girls leave. "I'm really popular." She looked back up at him, the smile on her face a bit softer. "Let's go somewhere more private." For the millionth time, she grabbed his hand, and this time led him to her bedroom. Luckily no drunken clio had found their way into her bedroom, so it was perfect. The only noise they could hear was the thumping of the band and a few screams here and there. She sat on her bed, pulling Joel down with her. "This is much better," she commented, actually being able to speak instead of shout.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Joel was about to reply with something or other, maybe ask Arizona if she had any deep dark secrets, when two loud girls ran into the kitchen, laughing and hugging Arizona. He absent-mindedly drank some more, or maybe a lot more, of the champagne while the girls and Arizona chit-chatted. He didn't really care, but Amp was mad. These two girls were interrupting the mission, dammit!

He didn't even notice they left until Arizona was dragging him to yet another location. A bedroom. Her bedroom? Wait, why were they going into her bedroom? She pulled him down to sit next to her on the bed, and he was suddenly shocked at how dizzy he was. He hadn't noticed when he was standing. When the hell did that happen?

Get back to talking! Amp commanded. Joel was getting pretty out of it, and he needed to get this conversation back on track before it was too late. "Arizona," he said, feeling like even his words sounded sloppy. "I wanna know...everything about you." There. Talking.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:20 am

Joel wrote:"I wanna know...everything about you."

Arizona finally let go of his hand so that she could lay back on her bed. She had a smile on her face as she began to tell him all about herself, but it wasn't what he wanted to hear. She told him about her brother, her mother, what life had been like after her mother passed away, her father. It seemed like she talked for hours, but maybe she had. She felt so sleepy all the sudden, and yet so content. She hoped Joel felt the same.

"What about you?" She asked when she grew bored of talking about herself. "I'm done talking about myself."
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 am

It honestly didn't matter that Arizona wasn't telling Joel what he wanted to hear, because he wasn't focused enough to really, truly take in anything she was saying anyways. It wasn't that he wasn't listening, far from it, he actually found himself very interested in her family and life story. It was more just that his mind wasn't grasping any of the significance of this conversation, and there was a good chance he wouldn't fully remember it the next day.

"Your life's so different from mine," he murmured, laying down next to her. He put a hand on his head, which was spinning. He yawned, also feeling very sleepy all of the sudden. "Mine's just...blah. Dad worked. Mom stayed home. Work, work, work, all the time."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Arizona frowned as she listened to Joel talk about his parents. It made her sad, she's always been so close to her family, and she loved them to pieces. Joel needed somebody he could love to pieces too...

She turned onto her side, and propped her head up with her hand so that she could look down at Joel. Her head spun a little from the movement and she shut her eyes tight momentarily. She didn't realize how drunk she had gotten, but she could tell that Joel was more gone than she was.

"I'm sorry," she told him, although she wasn't really sure what she was sorry for. She bravely placed her free hand on his cheek and gently stroked it with her thumb. "You deserve more love than that."

And just like that, without thinking, she leaned down and pressed her lips to his. The kiss started out gentle but grew deeper before he could push her away. (If he does push her away.)
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Arizona wrote:"I'm sorry. You deserve more love than that."

Joel was completely confused as to why Arizona felt bad for him. It wasn't that his childhood had been terrible or anything, just very unextraordinary. And yeah, maybe his dad had been a little distant, but he worked hard and provided for the family. Really, the only unusual thing about them was the type of work his father (and now he) did. Work of the shadier variety.

Heh. Shady. Cuz you're Deilig, Amp chuckled.

The next thing Joel knew, Arizona was suddenly kissing him. And he was kissing her back, to his surprise. He wasn't exactly sure how this had just happened, but he didn't hate it. He reached up to put his hand on the back of her head, but then out of nowhere an awful feeling came over him. Without warning he shoved Arizona off of him, turned away, and promptly threw up all over her bedroom floor.

"Oh my gods," he said weakly. "I am so sorry."
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:51 am

Well, at least he didn't throw up on her. Arizona was surprised when Joel suddenly threw her off of him, but was promptly relieved that he was only doing it so that he could throw up. Initially she was afraid that she repulsed him or something, but this was better. She was an expert on this type of stuff, so she knew just what to do. She leaned over and rubbed his back, telling him that it was okay. After one last pat she got out of bed to fetch the little trash can in her bathroom in case he needed to throw up again. She left it sitting by his side of the bed, then stared at his pile of vomit momentarily with a grossed out look on her face while she tried to figure out what to do. She decided that she'd clean it up the best she could and left her room to the kitchen to get a bucket full of soap and water, and a glass of water for Joel.

When she returned, she left Joel's water on the nightstand, and quickly got to work on the floor until the smell was pretty much gone. Tomorrow morning she'd clean it up more, or have a servant help her. She didn't like making her employees clean up gross stuff like this, but sometimes soap and water weren't enough. She left the soiled soap water in her bathtub, then climbed back into bed with Joel.

"There, no harm done," she said quietly. She grinned and giggled a little before continuing, "My friends throw up all the time, I'm always taking care of them."

She yawned, then curled up next to Joel with her head on his chest and her arm draped across his stomach. She mumbled something incoherent before passing out, snuggling closer to him.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Joel would have greatly appreciated Arizona cleaning up his mess if he were coherent enough to fully notice she was doing it. Instead he just laid there, feeling gross and dizzy, hoping he would just fall asleep soon and wake up feeling better in the morning. His head spun like crazy and laying down seemed to be making it worse, but he couldn't bring himself to try to sit up.

Arizona said something to him about taking care of her friends when they were sick, and he mumbled back something that maybe kind of vaguely sounded like "thank you." Or maybe he just said two completely random words. He wasn't sure.

He was finally starting to fall asleep when Arizona snuggled up next to him, and he put his arms around her for comfort without even really noticing he was doing it. Pretty soon they were both drunkenly passed out in each others' arms.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:15 pm

<< THE NEXT DAY >>

Arizona woke up with her face buried into her pillow. The sun was peeking through her window blinds so she assumed it was still early in the morning. She rolled over and her body made contact with something solid and warm. It was Joel, sleeping peacefully in her bed. She raised her eyebrows and checked herself out. Her dress was still on, although her breasts were practically popping out and her dress had ridden up to expose more of her legs than she normally would allow. Before Joel could wake up she climbed out of bed and grabbed some pajamas to change into. She climbed back into bed and closed her eyes, deciding that she'd maybe try to go back to sleep for a little bit longer, her head was still feeling really spinny anyway.
    Joel Angelo
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Joel stirred as sunlight poured into the bedroom, groggily opening his eyes. He felt just awful. His head hurt and his stomach churned and his mouth was dry as a bone. As he started to wake up more, his thoughts became clearer and clearer, and he started to notice a few odd things. One, he was not in his own bedroom. Two, he was wearing the same clothes he'd worn yesterday, shoes and all. And three, he was not alone in this bed.

Oh...oh, shit, he thought, staring at Arizona's sleeping form. Why was he in her bed? What even happened last night? Okay, obviously they hadn't done anything since he was still one hundred percent clothed, but still. He'd slept in her bed with her. He was still in her bed with her! Ugh, this was a mess. Maybe he could just sneak away while she was still asleep.

He slid out of bed, trying to disturb Arizona as little as possible, and started to quietly attempt his getaway.
    Arizona Samples
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Arizona hadn't fallen asleep just yet, so she felt Joel shuffling around in her bed. When he got out, she wiggled out from under her blankets and propped herself up with her shoulders. "Hey there," she said, her voice slightly raspy. "Where are ya going?"

Although she looked chill on the outside, she was worried that Joel was running away from her. He probably was, just because they were drunk and made out last night...holy crap they made out last night. Realization came over her like a wave and she laid back down with a groan.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" She hoped he did, but she also hoped he didn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm