i heard you had birthdays [rem]

Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 24
    Daemon Name : Nila
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

i heard you had birthdays [rem]

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:14 am

It was early in the morning, and Hadley had just finished checking that Remy's birthday surprise was ready. The surprise was located in the estate, so he'd had to have it all done at night so that Remy wouldn't accidentally walk into it. He paid the clio who had set it all up and then headed downstairs to wake up Remy on this very special day.

He crawled into his side of the bed and scooted up so that he was right next to Remy's sleeping form. He could hear her breathing lightly and occasionally murmuring incomprehensibly. "Hey Rem," he whispered into her ear, before kissing right below it. "Rem." He kissed her cheek. "Wake up, Rem." He kissed her temple. "Wake uppppppp."

He ran a knuckle softly down the side of her face. He took her chin in his hand and shook gently. "Hey. You awake yet?"
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 26
    Daemon Name : Vex

Re: i heard you had birthdays [rem]

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:27 am

Remy was happily dreaming of something she wouldn't remember when she was woken by a very annoying yet lovable voice.

Haddlebee wrote:"...Remmm"

She felt a hand on her chin, and then had her head tilted from side to side.

She opened her eyes slowly and blinked a few times. "Hadley? What are you doing? Leave me alone." She tried to roll away from him, slipping her arm under her pillow and facing towards the wall.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 am

Hadley shifted so that he was placing more weight on top of Remy. "It's time to get up, sleepyface," he told her, kissing her again. She had moved, and he got the corner of her mouth this time. "I have some very fun things planned for your birthday today and you're not allowed to sleep through them. They won't be as fun without you."
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 am

"Haaaadleyyyy," Remy groaned, swatting him away lightly. But a smile spread slowly across her face, despite herself.

"This better be good," she said, the sleep still in her voice. She rolled back over and blinked up at Hadley. "I don't give up my beauty sleep for just anyone, you know." She leaned up a little and kissed the bottom of Hadley's chin.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:10 am

"It's better than good," Hadley assured her. He rolled off of Remy and sat up, before reaching over and feeling around till he found on of her hands. He pulled lightly. "Up, up, up. It's worth it, I promise."

Once he'd finally succeeded in getting Remy out of bed, he decided he'd show her the big surprise first, then do all the other littler things throughout the day. "You have to close your eyes," he told her, grinning. "Nila will tell me if you cheat and try to look."
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 am

Remy sighed a fake exasperated sigh. "I guess I can close my eyes," Remy said, brushing a hand through her hair. Hadley hadn't let her change or anything, so she was still in her pajamas and hadn't brushed her hair or anything. She squeezed her eyes shut. "This good, Nila?" Remy asked with a smile.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:30 am

Satisfied, Hadley took Remy's arm and started leading her down the hall towards the stairwell. "Heh. Our roles are reversed," he noted, steering her around a corner. He, of course, knew the layout of the estate by heart by now, but he was pretty sure Remy didn't. His assumptions were confirmed when he didn't warn her that they were at the stairs and she walked right into the bottom step. Ha. A little payback for all the times she'd intentionally walked him into something.

"Oops, sorry," he said, obviously not sorry at all. "Careful on the stairs. Keep your eyes closed, though."
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:38 am

"Hadley! You're an ass," she said, squeezing his hand as he knowingly led her into the bottom of the staircase. She only let him run into things when he deserved it.

How funny this must have looked to anyone who may have caught a glance. A blind man leading his seeing girlfriend around the estate they shared together. She allowed him to continue to lead her, though she did take more care, using her other hand to feel along the stair railing, and eventually the walls.

She'd done a similar exercise once before, though she'd been alone. Shutting her eyes and relying on her other senses had been really hard for her, but something that Dr. Carver had suggested months ago when Hadley had first started seeing him. A little "walking in Hadley's shoes" to get how disorienting everything was for him. She'd only done it the once, mostly because it made her feel sick. But this time was actually sort of fun--probably because there was going to be a surprise at the end of it.

"Are we almost there?" she asked quietly. For some reason being in the dark made her feel like she should be quiet, also.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:50 am

Hadley smirked when she snapped at him. This was actually oddly fun--being the one to lead the way for once. "Yeah, almost," he told her as they approached the room that held her surprise. In fact, the room was her surprise. It was a darkroom--something he'd never actually heard of before doing some research into photography. He'd found out that photographers could use them to develop their own pictures.

He'd hired some professionals who actually knew what they were doing to set the whole thing up, and asked one of them to come back to teach Remy how to use everything. Hadley actually had no idea himself what was needed or what the process was to develop photos. All he knew was that whatever it was, it made the room smell weirdly like vinegar.

"Okay," he said, putting his hands on her shoulders from behind and guiding her into the doorway. "You can open your eyes now."
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:05 am

Remy took a breath (vinegar??) before opening her eyes. The room was dimly lit, the only light came through behind them, pouring in from the hallway. She felt along the wall and flipped the switch to brighten the room.

When the light came on, Remy's mouth opened in shock. "A darkroom," she breathed, stepping forward and looking around. She'd been such a reliable customer in the few months she'd had her camera that the woman who owned the photo shop had allowed her a "behind the scenes" tour, which had included a trip to the darkroom.

"How?" she asked, wonder-struck, as she walked around the room. There was a station for washing the pictures, and a little string of rope with clips for her to dry them on.

She turned back to Hadley, who was still standing in the doorway, a grin on his face. "Hadley, this...this is incredible."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:11 am

Hadley was grinning, obviously proud of himself. He could hear the awe in her voice. She loved it. "What did I tell you? Well worth getting out of bed, right?" he asked her, taking just a few small steps inside. He didn't know how this room was furnished, so he wasn't about to just waltz in carelessly. "I hired some guys to put it together...One of 'em's gonna come back later on to show you how to do everything."

"This way," he added, "you don't have to go all the way to Solas every time you go through a roll of film." Back when she'd first gotten her camera, it had seemed like Remy was off to Solas practically every other day.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Remy had been so caught up in the awe of the thing that she had momentarily forgotten that she no longer had a camera with which to take pictures that would eventually need developing. The room was perfect, and yet completely useless.

Buy another camera, you idiot, Vex said, rolling his eyes. It wasn't like Remy didn't have the money for it now.

That was true, of course, but Remy still couldn't help feeling a little deflated. Still, she came up to Hadley and wrapped her arms around him, bringing him into a hug. "This is perfect," she told him. "Thank you."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:22 pm

"I figured you'd like it," Hadley replied, putting an arm around Remy as she hugged him. He kept his arm around her shoulders as she let go and slowly began to head back out into the hallway with her. "I also wanted to show you something down in the ballroom...Oh, and also there's a cake, which I frosted myself. Kitchen guy told me it looked fine, so you can tell me if he was lying."
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 pm

"You frosted me a cake?" Remy said through a growing smile. How ridiculously adorable. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

He led her down into the ballroom, where nothing looked out of the ordinary. "What are we going to do in here?" she asked, looking around.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:53 pm

Hadley didn't reply; instead he led her over to the piano bench. He sat down and indicated for her to do the same, before sliding his fingers along the piano keys until he was sure they were in the proper position. He began to play one of the few, very simple songs he had memorized since he'd started. In this case, it was the "happy birthday" song, appropriately enough.

"Ta-da," he said when he was done. He obviously wasn't really expecting Remy to be impressed or anything, he just figured it would make her laugh. He liked making her laugh.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Remy couldn't contain a smile when Hadley started to play a simple rendition of "happy birthday". She started to laugh lightly as he played, and when he finished with a "ta-da!" she laughed a little harder.

"Who knew you stored so much cuteness in that curly head of yours," she laughed, placing her hands on either side of his face and kissing his lips. "It almost makes me like you a little bit."
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Hadley smiled as she laughed. Success! "Yeah, well, now that my brain doesn't waste any energy on all that vision nonsense, my ability to be cute has really flourished along with my musical talents," he said as he felt Remy's hands on either side of his face. He let her turn his head towards her and kiss him.

"Aw, only a little bit?" he asked teasingly. "I guess I imagined all those times you said you loved me. 'I love you, Hadley. I need you. Without you, my life is empty. I just can't live without you!'" Remy had, of course, said none of those things beyond 'I love you.'
    Amerie Lux
    Overloridian

Female Age : 19
    Daemon Name : Caviar
    Eilemaiden : Solas

Post by Amerie Lux on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Remy's eyebrow lifted. "Gag," she said simply, though she couldn't help smiling. Despite Hadley's admittance that he didn't think he would be very good in a relationship, Remy realized that this was one of the best gifts she'd ever received for her birthday. It showed just how thoughtful Hadley could be, if he wanted to. It was a nice feeling, knowing that he'd thought of all of this for her.

From the ballroom, Remy heard the front door open. Milton, the new doorman, said something in a muffled voice, and then Remy heard the now familiar sound of puppy claws scratching across the wood floor of the hallway. Sure enough, within moments a snow dusted puppy came hurtling into the ballroom, bee-lining straight for her parents.

Remy laughed again as Ripley jumped up, paws against Hadley's back. "Hey pretty girl," Remy said, pushing Ripley down so she didn't soak Hadley. "Come to say happy birthday to your mama?"

Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Remy's eyebrow lifted. "Gag," she said simply, though she couldn't help smiling. Despite Hadley's admittance that he didn't think he would be very good in a relationship, Remy realized that this was one of the best gifts she'd ever received for her birthday. It showed just how thoughtful Hadley could be, if he wanted to. It was a nice feeling, knowing that he'd thought of all of this for her.

From the ballroom, Remy heard the front door open. Milton, the new doorman, said something in a muffled voice, and then Remy heard the now familiar sound of puppy claws scratching across the wood floor of the hallway. Sure enough, within moments a snow dusted puppy came hurtling into the ballroom, bee-lining straight for her parents.

Remy laughed again as Ripley jumped up, paws against Hadley's back. "Hey pretty girl," Remy said, pushing Ripley down so she didn't soak Hadley. "Come to say happy birthday to your mama?"
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Hadley couldn't help but laugh at Remy's one-word reaction. He too then heard the telltale sounds of Ripley being let back into the estate. Hadley had to admit, he probably wouldn't have enjoyed having a dog if he didn't have a full-time staff that he could make do all the annoying work, leaving just the fun stuff for him and Remy. Luckily for Ripley he did have a full-time staff that he could make do all the annoying work, so as it was he really enjoyed having her.

He gave a slight start as two large, cold puppy paws suddenly collided with his back. "Hey Ripper," he said, turning around on the bench. He held out his hand, which Ripley immediately began to gnaw on. "Hey, Rem's the birthday girl, not me. Give her some attention." He shoved Ripley away, knowing that it would only get her more excited than she already was.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Ripely immediately tore her way around the ballroom in a circle, her tongue lolling out of her mouth as she did so. Remy couldn't leap but laugh again as she finally came back and collided into Remy, nearly knocking her off the piano bench.

"Gods!" Remy exclaimed with a laugh. She playfully pushed Ripley away, who came immediately back, licking and nibbling on Remy's hands. "Control your puppy!" Remy joked at Hadley.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Hadley could only hear Ripley tearing around and making what could only be described as excited puppy noises, followed by Remy's laughter. At Remy's joking request for him to "control his puppy", he unenthusiastically said, "Ripley, heel." He paused. "She listen?"

"Maybe she wants cake," he said.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Ripley did not listen, but it was probably mostly from the lack of command in Hadley's voice. "Well if she doesn't, her mama does," Remy said happily, eager to see Hadley's creation. She stood up, and Ripkey started running around again. "No cake for puppies," Remy cried with another laugh. Today was so perfect, and it wasn't even 10am.
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:50 pm

"Alrighty," Hadley said, getting up from the bench and heading to the doorway. Before he could get there, Ripley ran after him and stopped right in his path, making him nearly trip over her. "Shit! Ripley!" he exclaimed, slightly annoyed. She did this all the time. "Control your puppy, Rem."

Following that, they walked to the dining room without incident. The cake had been left out on the table in all its frosted-by-a-blind-guy glory. "Well? How's it look? You can be honest," he prompted Remy.
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:14 am

The letters in "Happy Birthday" were tilted and sloppy, with some of them running into each other and others not properly connecting, and yet the cake was oddly perfect. 'I'd keep your day job," Remy said thoughtfully before leaning over to kiss Hadley on the cheek.

"It's perfect."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:56 am