bruised and broken, but together again cont. ;; joel

Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Female Age : 26
    Daemon Name : Hamilton
    Eilemaiden : Adhbhar

bruised and broken, but together again cont. ;; joel

Post by Arizona Samples on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:20 pm

Arizona looked down at her hand in his, and stroked her thumb across his knuckles. She noticed how bruised and swollen they looked and wondered if Joel managed to get in a couple punches before he escaped. She smiled despite herself, imagining Joel punching Kole was satisfying. She remembered then that Kole did have a little bit of puffiness around his eyes and nose at the meeting. Then she started to giggle.

Hamilton tilted his little head to the side. His clio was losing her mind.

"You didn't get the star piece back," she said through laughter. "But you punched Kole in the face didn't you?"
    Joel Angelo

Male Age : 28
    Daemon Name : Ampersand
    Eilemaiden : Deilig

Re: bruised and broken, but together again cont. ;; joel

Post by Joel Angelo on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:30 pm

"Oh. Yeah," Joel replied. The adrenaline rush from escaping was wearing off and a lot of the pain was returning, including the throbbing in his hand. He smiled again. "Right in the nose. Kicked him, too." He may not have defeated Kole, but he did get some satisfaction from not only escaping from right under Kole's nose, but having potentially broken it as well.
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:22 pm

"I'm so proud of you," Ari replied, sounding breathless from the laughter. After she calmed down, her face became serious again. "I don't want you to ever go back there again, Joel," she said, her voice stern. "I'm serious."

She pulled her hand out of his bad one, and grabbed the other one instead, and pulled him along so that they could walk in the forest together. She wanted to get out of Linius as quickly as she could. There could be anything lurking around those creepy trees.

"I wish you could come back home," she said sadly, while looking down at her feet. "It's so lonely there...I even sent my dad away." She then briefly explained to Joel about Ughdarras, and how Aspen was taking in refugees. "But I want you to go to Ughdarras, too." She finally said.
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:30 pm

"I wish you could come with me," Joel replied when Ari said she wished he could come back home with her. It wasn't fair that she was stuck in this situation, unable to run away from it like an average clio could. An overloridian couldn't run away.

"Actually Ari," he said slowly, knowing she was going to argue when he disagreed. "I'm going to go to Dahlin. I sent my mother there and if I can't be there to help you, I should go to help her. She's never lived outside of Deilig a day in her life, and she didn't know all this was going on." While he knew he could simply take his mother to Ughdarras, he didn't want to be so far away from Adhbhar. Even if he couldn't help now, he wanted to be at least a little bit closer in case Ari needed him.
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Joel was right, Arizona was going to argue. She pursed her lips, feeling irritated. "That's all fine and dandy," she said. "But why can't you and your mother go to Ughdarras together?"

While it made her happy that Joel wanted to be close to his mother and to help her, it didn't help Arizona feel any better. Currently Dahlin was neutral territory, but there was no telling if it would stay neutral for long. At least in Ughdarras they would be safe and protected by Aspen.

At least until Kole takes over Ughdarras too, Hamilton replied with despair.

Ari ignored her daemon though. She knew he was right, Ughdarras wasn't truly safe, but it was a lot safer than Dahlin.

"Please Joel," she begged. "I don't want to lose you."
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 pm

"You won't lose me!" Joel insisted. He completely understood where Ari was coming from, but he just couldn't stand to be on the opposite side of the continent from her while this war was going on. She might not think it now, but she could need him someday. "I promise I'll be safe in Dahlin. I wouldn't have sent my own mother there if I didn't think it would be safe. No one will know us there, and besides-" he paused. "I don't think the clio in Ughdarras will be very welcoming to a couple of Deilig clio, especially the wife and son of one of Kole's underlings."
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Arizona didn't think about that, but he was right. Why would anybody trust them? For all the clio of Ughdarras knew, Joel and his mother could have been spies. She sighed sadly, wishing that this was just a terrible nightmare and that she'd be waking up any second now, with her brother and his fiancee still alive, and Joel sleeping peacefully next to her.

"I love you," she said, after a few moments of silence between them. "I wish we could stay like this forever, hiding in the woods together."
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:05 pm

"I love you too," Joel said. "I wish you could just come to Dahlin with me. We'd change our names and get married, and live a happy, peaceful life together." He smiled at her sadly, as they both knew that could never happen.

He sighed. "Maybe the other overloridians will win the war, and put everything back to normal," he said wistfully. He remembered meeting many of them at Kavi and Neeva's party. He didn't remember any of them seeming especially tough, but they did all have their own armies, and star pieces. "Kole is outnumbered, after all. Maybe that's why he's gone crazier than usual lately."
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 pm

Arizona smiled sadly too, wishing it could be a reality. Being an overloridian was a blessing and a curse. Why did the Gods choose her? And why were they letting all of this happen?

Joel wrote:"Maybe the other overloridians will win the war, and put everything back to normal,"

"Something has got to give," she replied. "He definitely has gotten crazier."

Kole seemed more paranoid when she saw him today. Usually he radiated with arrogance, but today he seemed almost twitchy.

"I think he's finally starting to realize that he really is outnumbered," she said thoughtfully. "All of this upped security, you really freaked him out."
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:09 pm

"I don't think he can win," Joel said. "But I'm worried about how many clio he can take down with him." So many innocent clio had already suffered or died at the hands of Kole, and as he got crazier and more desperate, Joel feared that number would only grow. "You need to be careful. Promise me you won't let him take you down with him. I know you can't abandon Adhbhar but...please. Please take care of yourself."
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Arizona bit her lip nervously while listening to Joel talk. She didn't think Kole could win either, but there was still that doubt that was gnawing at the back of her mind. What if? She couldn't think about the what ifs right now, Ari needed to focus on the now, and what she could do to help the cause.

Joel wrote:"You need to be careful. Promise me you won't let him take you down with him. I know you can't abandon Adhbhar but...please. Please take care of yourself."

Joel's worries about her brought her out of her thoughts. She felt a small pang of guilt. She knew he worried about her, but she couldn't sit back and let her eilemaiden fall, even if it meant going down with the ship.

"Joel," she said softly. "I have to do what I can...to protect my clio." She sighed, "Even if it means I go down with them..."
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:49 pm

That answer did not make Joel happy.

"You can protect your clio, and yourself too," he said firmly, almost with a sense of urgency. It was hard enough leaving Ari alone in Adhbhar, under the control of Kole, knowing he couldn't do much to help. But the thought of her dying, even if it was for her clio, for all of Adhbhar...he couldn't stand it. "Please, Ari. You're no good to anyone dead. If anything happens to you, I don't know what I'll do."

If it were any other overloridian, Joel probably would have agreed that they should be prepared to sacrifice everything for the greater good. Hell, he himself had been prepared to die facing Kole. But not Arizona. She had to make it through this.
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Arizona took Joel's hand and squeezed it gently, yet reassuringly. She knew there was no point in arguing over this with him, so she might as well try and comfort him.

"I'm not going to die," she said quietly. "I'm going to fight for my eilemaiden, and all of Amelia...like you said, I'm no good to anyone dead."

She let go of his hand to wrap her arm around his waist so that his arm was around her shoulders. It felt so nice being this close to him again.

"I have to fight Joel," Ari said, this time firmly. "I have to."
    Joel Angelo

Post by Joel Angelo on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 pm

"I know," Joel sighed. "I know. I just...want you to take care of yourself, too. I can't imagine what this has been like for you." Losing Kavi and Neeva, having her eilemaiden basically taken hostage, being beaten till she was bruised and bloody. Gods, it made him want to try to kill Kole all over again. He clenched his good fist, the one he hadn't broken Kole's nose with.

But then he looked back down at Arizona. There was a look of determination on her bruised face. He could tell from that look that she wasn't going to give up hope, nor was she going to just lay down and die. "You're so strong, Ari," he told her. "You're the strongest woman I've ever met." It was part of the reason he'd fallen in love with her.
    Arizona Samples
    Overloridian

Post by Arizona Samples on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Arizona smiled, despite her pain and fears. Joel always had a way to bring out the best in her. He was the reason why she started cleaning up her act, started taking her job more seriously than she had before.

"It helps to have you here with me again," she told him. "Even if we can't be together right now, knowing that you're around to support me is all that I need."

The couple continued walking through the woods together without incident until they felt that it would be too risky to be seen together in public. They shared a passionate kiss before parting ways, promising to send each other secret messages and updates on anything.

END

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:40 pm