The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar

Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Male Age : 23
    Daemon Name : Piper
    Eilemaiden : Deilig

let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar Empty let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar

Post by Maxwell Sommers Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 am

As soon as Max had gotten out of the hospital he wrote to Skylar. With the help of his overloridian sister, she was able to get the correct address for him with little effort. He wrote to Skye, hoping to meet her in clio and maybe talk about things. Max thought Annerb was the best place to see each other. It was quiet, most of the residences on the island were peaceful farmers, and private. Nobody on this island knew Max or Skye (as far as he knew), so it was the perfect place to meet with each other. Not to mention that it was right in between Nadar and Dian, so neither clio had to travel very far.

It took Max a lot of persuading of his parents to let him leave the house alone, but eventually he managed to convince them. Ever since he'd gotten home they had been a thousand times more protective. It irked him to no end. He knew they cared and wanted to protect their son, but he couldn't be their baby forever.

He still wasn't sure about his new eilemaiden, or the new, permanent form his daemon had taken. None of the settlement felt right, at all. Of course, he couldn't remember much from it, but when he tried to remember, he had an unpleasant feeling in the pit of his gut.

Max never use to be afraid of the dark, but now he seemed to loathe it. He could obviously see now, during nightfall, but it was in his dreams that it was the worst. He couldn't see anything in his dreams, and every night he'd wake up in a cold sweat, screaming or crying, or both. His parents wanted him to see a counselor, but he didn't want to talk to some stranger. What could they do for him that he can't try and figure out himself?

Finally, after a lot of thinking and mostly talking to himself, (he and his daemon had barely talked since he came to), he reached the meeting place. It was in front of a large, fenced off farm, with horses running freely through the field. He leaned over the fence and absentmindedly watched the horses, before stifling a yawn. Gods was he exhausted.

Gods did he hope that Skylar would show up.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Female Age : 27
    Daemon Name : Pensive

let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar Empty Re: let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar

Post by Skylar Eligius Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:05 am

Skylar arrived, beautiful and broken, her mute daemon at her side. She and Max conversed, timidly at first, but then with growing comfort and familiarity. As the minutes ticked by memories started to resurface for the two young clio. They wept openly, holding each other in the fragrant lavender field they had chosen both for it's calming scent and its picturesque views.

Pen and Piper frolicked through the flowers, their newly settled forms finally feeling more right. Skye and Max made love as their daemons circled, and they felt stronger than they had in their months apart.

It was beautiful and the teens wished for nothing more than to stay locked in each other's arms for the rest of eternity, but all beautiful things must come to an end.

Unbeknownst to the new lovers, in only a short month's time, one would betray the other. Their newly minted peace would be shattered, as would their hearts.

Stay tuned to the next episode of TEEN ANGST.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar Empty Re: let's be tortured minds together ;; skylar

Post by Skylar Eligius Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 am

When Skye had received the letter from Max Sommers she had been confused. She knew him from swimming at school, but the two had never had a real conversation. After reading it, she'd laid on her bed, her eyes staring up at the ceiling, until suddenly a memory resurfaced.

Max.

He'd been there, in Deilig.

Pensive shifted uncomfortably from his spot on the foot of her bed as Skye had tried desperately to pull up anything from her abduction. She could remember Max, remember the feeling of him. Thinking about him caused a sinking feeling of desperation in her belly. Why wouldn't anything else come to her?

It had taken her awhile to respond, but eventually she'd decided that the only way to answer her own questions was for her to meet up with him like he'd requested. So today she found herself on Annerb, walking toward a field of horses. She saw him there, ahead, standing against the fence and looking out as the animals ran in circles.

A flutter ran through her stomach as she got closer. Do you really want to talk to him? Pen asked. Why do you spend so much time thinking about this, when all it does is make you sick?

But Skylar did want to talk to him, and she did want to know what had happened... sick feeling or not.

"Max?" she asked quietly as she finally came up behind him.
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:47 am

Max was startled by the small voice that said his name and turned toward the source. A million emotions hit him at once when he locked eyes with Skye. He remembered her from school, him and his friends use to make fun of her behind her back for being the oldest unsettled student at Redfern, but he also had a different memory of her, something that was there, but not there at the same time. Everytime he tried to remember things but couldn't he'd get so frustrated and angry, but seeing her only made him feel safe and calm. He knew there was a reason why he couldn't get her out of his mind, and he wanted to figure it out.

"Hey," he responded, awkwardly and quietly. "Uh...thanks for meeting me out here..."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:40 am

Skye smiled at him, though it didn't reach her eyes. "I thought it would be nice to get away."

It was weird, seeing him. Hard to converge the two very different feelings she had about him. At school he'd run in a completely different crowd, and had been loud and obnoxious in the halls with his friends. He was the kind of athlete that thought because they were good at sports they were somehow more important than everyone else. Had a confidence that made even the teachers like him, despite knowing that he was somewhat of a bully to his classmates. Skye had had no thoughts about him, before, besides mild irritation whenever she shared a class with him. Now everything had changed.

He was more quiet than she'd ever seen before, and Skye could make out the dark circles under his eyes that mirrored her own. Whatever she'd suffered while in Deilig, Max's experience probably was similar. And she still had that unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Ignoring it, Skye walked up next to him and stepped onto the bottom rung of the wooden fence. She leaned against it and stared out at the horses that were galloping around in the field. "I haven't been to Annerb since I was small," she told him for no reason at all. "My mom used to bring me and my sister here."
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Max nodded in agreement. It definitely was nice getting away. The clio at home were constantly checking up on him, asking how he was feeling, if he needed anything. He hated that they were hovering over him 24/7 like that. If he wanted their help, he'd ask for it.

He turned back to the horses when Skye approached the fence and continued to watch them with her. He listened to her talk about visiting the island with her mom and sister and tried to picture a small Skye and her look alike. He knew of Skye's sister as well, Marisol was also on (insert unisex sports team here) team with him, but he didn't know her. It probably had been better that way, since Max and his friends weren't really...nice.

"I use to come here when I little too," he replied. "Just like day trips and stuff."

Max shrugged nonchalantly. He stood there awkwardly and quiet for a moment, not really sure of what to say next.

"So uh..." he finally spoke, while clearing his throat. "This Deilig stuff was uh...pretty crazy."

Pretty crazy? He thought to himself. You're so lame Maxwell.

Piper stood there quietly, unsure of what to say to encourage her clio.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 pm

"Pretty crazy?" Skylar asked incredulously. She turned to look at him and shook her head with a short laugh. "What a way to describe it."

She turned back to the horses and leaned forward. "You know, if I'm being honest, I barely remember what happened." She looked at him out of the corner of her eye and then back at the horses. "I don't know what that means, or why I don't remember."

She hoped that he remembered more than she did. One of the main reasons she agreed to meet up with him was because she wanted answers.
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:11 pm

"I don't really remember much either to be honest," Max replied with a shrug. "I have nightmares a lot though...I can't sleep anymore..."

He had also hoped that Skylar would have remembered more than he did, but obviously that wasn't the case. How many others were there, that couldn't remember?

"I was hoping that maybe you had some kind of inkling," he told her honestly. "Or at least maybe seeing you would have brought back something."

Max could only remember feeling anxious, calm, and relieved all jumbled into one when he tried to remember her back in Deilig. He could tell that they had shared some kind of bond in that awful prison, but how extensive he wasn't sure. Did she feel the same way?
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Skye got the darkness outside of her in different ways. She had a sneaking suspicion that the reason she hadn't had her own nightmares at night was because she spent her days painting them.

"Well here I am. You remember anything?"

She didn't want to admit that she felt any sort of camaraderie with this jerk, but standing here in Middle of Nowhere, Annerb, she did. She felt safe with him.
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:34 pm

"Well," Max replied, turning toward her to face her. "I remember your warmth," he said while reaching out and gently running his hand down her arm, "And your hair," then he reached up to touch her hair, then let his arm drop back to his side.

"I'm sorry, it's just..." he bit his lip. "I feel like I remember constantly being close to you..."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Skylar shook her head and took a step back. Why was he touching her?

"Do you think you can just do that?" she asked, tucking her hair behind her ear, herself. "I'm not one of those clio who fawn over you at school, you know? You can't just reach out and stroke my arm or touch my hair. Especially not after you spent the last year making fun of me in the halls."

She paused for a minute. He looked affronted...good! "And maybe I remember things from Deilig about you too, but that doesn't mean anything, does it? You're still you. I'm still me."

Max was an arrogant jerk, that didn't change just because being near him brought her a bit of peace.
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:12 pm

Max was definitely surprised by Skye's reaction, maybe even a little hurt. Maybe her feelings really weren't mirroring his own. Who could blame her though? He really had been an asshole in the halls of Redfern. Could he go back to being that same clio when school reopened? Honestly, he didn't want to. He had only been doing it to fit in with the rest of his friends, only now he had no interest in rejoining that group of classmates. It probably wouldn't make a difference with Skye now though, what had been done was done. There was no erasing the past.

He looked down at his feet awkwardly, feeling defeated.

"You're right," he mumbled. "I don't blame you for hating me."

He shoved his hands deep within the confines of his jean pockets, feeling like a small child who was getting punished. He hated feeling this way.

"If you don't want to speak to me ever again," he said. "Then we can go our separate ways now, and never talk about it ever again...we can go on living our owns lives."

But was this really living?
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 pm

"Did I say I hated you?" Skye asked, an eyebrow raised. "I'm just as confused as you are. Whatever happened during that month in Deilig, we went through it together, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten everything else that came before that."

She didn't want him to leave, was annoyed that he was suggesting she either wanted him to touch her or wanted nothing to do with him. "Can't I just be in the middle? I'd like to talk, I, just...whatever you were thinking, that's not what I want."

"I don't hate you."
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Hands still in his pockets, Max silently kicked at grass unsure of what to say next. He was relieved that she didn't want to walk away, but now what?

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I was hoping that maybe touching you would have brought something back."

Max pulled one of his hands from his pocket and scratched the back of his head.

"I dunno, I just..." he bit his bottom lip. "I remember being so close to you back there...I was just hoping...I dunno..."

Fuck! He hated feeling this way! So awkward, insecure, and unsure. This wasn't him, this wasn't who he was suppose to be. Trying to remember back from those days only frustrated him and made him angry. It was that fucked up overloridian's fault that he was like this. Gods how he wished he could have killed him himself. He balled up his free hand into a frustrated fist. Lately when he started getting like this he'd go for a run to release all of the balled up anger, but he couldn't do that now.

"Gods," he sighed. "All I see is darkness...but you're always there when I see it..."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 pm

"You do that a lot, don't you?" Skye asked. "Bite your lip." She wondered if it was a nervous tick, or if it was something he had done all the time even before Deilig. "I paint. It helps me, you know...keeps the nightmares at bay."

She climbed up onto the fence and perched on the top wooden plank, patting next to her so Max knew she wasn't afraid of him, like, coming near her.

"I don't know what happened there," she said after he climbed up and sat next to her. "I'd been hoping that seeing you would help me, too. But even though I don't remember, just kinda being here with you has helped. A little." It was true. For whatever reason, seeing Max had calmed her thoughts. For the first time since she'd woken up in the hospital she didn't feel like she needed to remember. Maybe what the therapist had said was true. Maybe it was better to just let it come naturally, without forcing it.

"Maybe we're just not ready to remember, yet. I mean, Pen will barely talk to me these days. It's like we're in a fight or something." She hadn't told that to anyone except her therapist, about her daemon. But if anyone could understand, she hoped it was Max. She needed confirmation that this wasn't just happening to her. "That's gotta mean I'm not ready to understand it yet, or something. At least that's what my therapist said."
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:26 pm

Max hadn't realize he'd been doing it until she said something, and consciously let go of his bottom lip. He shrugged as a response to her question, and took a seat next to her on the fence.

"I'm not very artistic," he replied, while holding out his hands and wiggling his fingers. "I just play sports."

Maybe that's what he needed. He did like running when he started to feel frustrated. He needed to get back into his sports, it was making him feel restless. He nodded in agreement though, being here with her definitely made him feel better. Didn't help him remember, but he didn't feel so alone anymore.

"Maybe not," he finally spoke out loud. "But I wish we could remember." He looked down and started picking at a piece of chipped wood on the fence. "Piper doesn't really talk to me either though," he said. "It makes this all so much harder."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:12 am

"Oh, I know you play sports," Skye said. Max knew nothing about her except that she'd been unsettled, but Max's hobbies had been plastered all over the halls of Redfern for years. His face on posters with soccer balls, basketballs, whatever other balls there were. He'd done it all, and he made sure everyone knew.

As for the remembering, Skylar had felt similarly to what Max was describing when she first came to Annerb, but for whatever reason in the past half hour or so that she'd spent with Max, her worries about all of that had gone away. Watching him fret about it had untwisted her own stomach, and suddenly the advice her therapist had given her finally seemed like it made sense. Trying desperately to remember didn't seem to be helping Max, either.

"I think I'm okay with not remembering, right now," she told him, having only just come to this conclusion for herself. Having said the words, she realized it was true. She felt okay, not knowing.
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Max laughed what was probably the first genuine laugh that had escaped from his belly in a really long time. "Yeah," he replied. "I guess you would know that." He wasn't saying it with arrogance though, more like a I'm-sorry-that-my-face-is-everywhere, kind of way.

He thought about what Skye said though, about being okay with not remembering. Until his nightmares ceased, Max felt like he'd never be okay with not remembering. He just wanted to sleep, he was so exhausted. Thinking about how tired he was caused him to stifle a yawn, and he rubbed his face with both of his hands then ran them through his unruly hair.

"Honestly," he said. "Being here with you is definitely making me feel better, I'm not sure if I ever want to stop trying to remember but," he shrugged. "It makes the blackness more tolerable."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:23 pm

Skylar nodded. She could completely understand where Max was coming from, because she felt so similarly. She bit her lip, consciously aware that she was doing exactly what he'd done several times already, and then placed her hand on his, where it sat braced against the wooden post that both sat on.

He presumably looked at her, and she gave him a small smile. "Whatever we went through, we went through it together. And, I think I'm glad." She paused. "You're not so bad when you're not racing through the halls with your friends screaming about your batting averages or whatever it is you jocks like to do."
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:06 am

When he felt her hand on his, Max did look up, and he returned a small smile of his own. Her hand on his felt nice, like it belonged there.

Skye wrote:"Whatever we went through, we went through it together. And, I think I'm glad."

"Yeah," he agreed. "I'm glad too."

Skye wrote:"You're not so bad when you're not racing through the halls with your friends screaming about your batting averages or whatever it is you jocks like to do."

Max threw his head back and laughed another genuine laugh. It felt nice to laugh again.

"Yeah..." he said, sounding a little embarrassed. "I'm kind of an asshole." He sighed, and looked down at the ground. "To be honest, I don't really like the clio I hang out with," then he shrugged. "I just want to fit in..."
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Skye raised an eyebrow. Did he expect her to feel bad for him? Didn't everyone want to fit in? But not everyone made the choice to bully and berate their peers.

"Well I hope you don't act like that when we go back," she told him. "I'm not sure if I could stomach you acting like that again." It was looking more and more like Redfern wasn't going to opening again until next fall, which Skye couldn't say she was upset about. "I like you much better like this."
    Maxwell Sommers
    Maxwell Sommers

Post by Maxwell Sommers Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Maxwell was still looking at the ground, but he smiled.

"I don't think I could stomach myself," he replied honestly. "Those assholes aren't worth my time, in fact I haven't even seen them since before the night we were kidnapped."

It was true. None of his friends had bothered to visit him, or even write him. Nothing. They obviously weren't the kind of clio he should be sticking around with. He would still be courteous around them at school, and work with them as a team when playing sports, but he was never going to go out of his way to hang out with any of them again.
    Skylar Eligius
    Skylar Eligius

Post by Skylar Eligius Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:46 pm

"Those assholes?" Skye asked, an eyebrow raised. "Seems to me like there is a very thin line between those assholes and this asshole." She squeezed his hand, but smiled at him to know she didn't mean it maliciously.

Something was in Max that Skye could see, something that she actually liked. It was true she didn't want Max to return to his old actions, but she also didn't want him to think that his whole life was bad, or that all of his friends were horrible clio. Eventually they'd grow up too, though hopefully it wouldn't be in such a painful way.

"But I'm glad. I'm glad you don't want to be like that anymore."

Skye and Max continued to talk (they even set up a time next week to hang out), but eventually they both walked back to the ferry dock together before eventually going their separate ways.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm