The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

i got you a thing :: haddlebee

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Vex
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

i got you a thing :: haddlebee Empty i got you a thing :: haddlebee

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:44 pm

It was Wednesday, which meant that Hadley was at his therapy appointment with Dr. Carver. While he was gone, Remy had gone to pick up his surprise!

She'd been living back in the estate for a little over a week now, and things were getting back to normal, albeit with a few changes. The biggest was that when Remy had moved back she had moved into Hadley's room. Her adviser's suite was still hers (Remy was pleased to know that Hadley hadn't moved Alicia in there--she had a regular staff member's room on the second floor), but she used that as sort of a giant closet. It was actually really awesome. A whole suite dedicated to Remy's clothes--it was like a dream come true.

The other change was Alicia. Alicia was more helpful to Hadley than Remy would like to admit. She avoided her at all costs, because Remy didn't like seeing her and thinking how useless she, herself had become over the months she'd been gone. Not only had Hadley learned how to navigate without Remy, Alicia also fluently knew Braille, which meant that she was infinitely more valuable to Hadley than she was. It drove Remy crazy, feeling unnecessary. So Remy was going to change that.

She'd gotten Hadley a wiggly, warm surprise that kept making little whining noises whenever she talked in a high voice. A cute little fluffy puppy! She was adorable--all black with tiny white spots on her chest, one on back foot, and on the tip of her tail. She was the absolute cutest puppy in the world (not that Hadley could see her), but she was also very soft and fluffy, which would mean more to Hadley. She'd wanted a puppy that would be nice to pet, and a Newfoundland was one of the fluffiest ones out there.

Anyway, she and the nameless puppy were playing in the living room waiting for Hadley to get home. :3

Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 30
    Daemon Name : Nila

i got you a thing :: haddlebee Empty Re: i got you a thing :: haddlebee

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Hadley was just getting back from the therapy center. Getting there and back by himself took a bit longer than walking with someone, but damn did it feel nice to not need anyone anymore. He'd gotten so sick of needing clio for such simple things. Wanting certain clio around was fine though. Like Remy. He was so, so glad she was back.

"Remy?" he called, walking inside and hanging up his cane by the door. He could hear something going on in the living room and headed that way. "What's going--"

He was cut off when something tiny ran into his legs, very nearly tripping him. What the hell? He stumbled back and took a second to recover, before reaching down and feeling what was undoubtedly a fluffy little dog head. "What the hell?" he asked out loud as it started chewing on his hand and making little dog noises. Even though he had no idea why there was a dog in his living room, it made him smile.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 pm

"Welcome hooooome," Remy singsonged in response, when she heard Hadley call for her. The puppy heard him come home too, and sprinted for the door. Remy got up real quick to follow, hoping that the puppy wouldn't knock Hadley over...she was a little late, but thankfully Hadley caught his balance before he toppled. She watched as Hadley smiled at the little puppy that was nipping at his fingers. He seemed confused, but not unhappy, which was a good sign.

She smiled as she walked up to Hadley and slipped her arm around him in a side hug. "Surprise!" she said quietly, using her other hand to pet the puppy.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Surprise. "You got a dog?" Hadley asked, petting its head. It was so soft. At first he thought maybe Remy or someone else in the estate was pet-sitting or something, but if that were the case she probably wouldn't have said "surprise." He put his arm around Remy's waist and knelt down, pulling her with him. The puppy immediately started trying to climb on them.

"What kind of dog is it?" he asked, laughing while he tried to keep it from licking his face.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:26 pm

"We got a dog!" Remy corrected. "And she's a Newfoundland," she said, laughing too. Gods the puppy was so freaking adorable as it attacked Hadley with love. She thought to take a picture for a moment, before realizing with a pang of regret that she didn't have her camera anymore. This would have been the perfect moment for a photo shoot!

"Oh, she loves you!" Remy said, absolutely loving how much the puppy was kissing Hadley.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:36 pm

"Oh, we did? I must've forgotten," Hadley said sarcastically, though he obviously wasn't unhappy. Because honestly, who could be unhappy when a puppy was crawling all over them?

He was trying to get an idea of what the puppy "looked" like based on how it felt, but it wouldn't stay still long enough for him to. It was just a whirl of fur and teeth and the occasional tongue on his face. All he could tell was that it was soft and fluffy. A Newfoundland. Those were those huge ones, right?

Remy wrote:"Oh, she loves you!"

"Well I am pretty lovable," he said.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:44 pm

"You never did have the best memory," Remy said, clearly joking. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. She watched as the puppy wiggled all over, then rolled over, her body squirming as she let Hadley pet her tummy.

"
    Hadlebee wrote:"Well I am pretty lovable."

"Only sometimes," Remy said, running her fingers through his hair and messing it up. "Gods, she's just so cute!"
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

"Who are you kidding? You've always found me lovable," Hadley insisted, grinning as he tried to lean out of Remy's reach as she messed up his hair. He grabbed her arm with one hand and reached over to mess up her hair with the other. She must have leaned away too, though, because he couldn't find her head.

The puppy started barking at this, either because not enough attention was on it anymore, or it thought they were fighting or something.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 pm

"Do not," Remy said as she leaned away, "touch my hair." She knew she was being a hypocrite, but Hadley's hair didn't take as long to get ready as her's had!

"This little yappy things needs a name." she told him, when she returned to his side. "She's black and she has a little white spot here," she said, taking his hand and placing it on the puppy's chest, "and here, and on the tip of her tail." She moved his hand to each white spot as she told him. The puppy was jumping all around as she did so, and Remy laughed.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Hadley wasn't sure he really got any idea of where the white spots on the dog were, because every time Remy moved his hand the dog started leaping around. "Hmmm," he said thoughtfully, finally getting it (her?) to stay still by scratching a spot behind her ear. She leaned heavily into his hand. "How about Ripley?" The name didn't have any particular meaning or anything, it was just something random he'd heard somewhere and kind of liked for a dog.

He put his free arm around Remy's shoulders and then, since she was now off-guard and he knew exactly where she was, ruffled up her hair.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Remy was about to agree that Ripley was a nice name when out of nowhere Hadley ruffled her hair. "You little asshole," Remy growled, leaning over and tackling him to the ground.

Ripley started barking like crazy and crawled over them, nipping at whatever she could get her little puppy mouth on.

"What-did-I-tell-you?" Remy asked, in-between wrestling with Hadley and Ripley. She reached out to ruffle Hadley's hair more and tickle him.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Hadley laughed and laughed as Remy wrestled him to the ground for the horrible crime of messing with her hair. He half-heartedly tried to grab her arms as she ruffled his hair, and then started trying more seriously when she started tickling him. Ripley was going nuts, barking and jumping on them. Every once in a while Hadley got a huge paw to the face.

He finally got a hold of Remy's hands, though he was still flat on his back with her on top of him. His stomach hurt from laughing so much. "Assaulting an overloridian, huh?" he asked, smirking. Ripley whined somewhere to his left and then started licking his face without warning. He turned his head, unable to push her away while he was holding Remy's hands. "Oh gods, you're ganging up on me now."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 pm

"Whatcha gonna do, arrest me?" Remy asked with a smirk of her own. She leaned down and was gonna kiss Hadley's ear, when Ripley took over her target and starting giving Hadley kisses of her own. Remy started laughing again, unable to get over how freaking adorable the puppy was.

"Of course we're ganging up on you!" she said through her laughter. "Ripley knows how important hair is! Us girls gotta stick together!"
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Hadley let go of one of Remy's hands and finally shoved Ripley's face away. "Nah, I think she just likes me better," he said, hearing the sounds of Ripley tearing around the living room excitedly. "Can't say I blame her, either."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 am

"Psssh," Remy huffed, "No one likes you better, Hadley. I'm everyone's favorite." She said this as if it were matter of fact.

She finally leaned down and gave him the kiss. "How d'you like your present?" she asked, still down by his ear. Ripley was running laps around the living room with one of the rope toys that Remy had bought for her earlier today.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:11 am

Hadley returned the kiss before Remy pulled away. "Well, she'll probably annoy the shit out of the staff, so of course I like her," he said with a grin. He wondered who among the lucky staff would be willing to become designated puppy potty-trainer.

"You know, I'm surprised you're still pinning me to the floor when you could be up taking five thousand pictures of her," he said. Come to think of it, Remy hadn't even mentioned taking any pictures since moving back in. Maybe she finally got bored of it or something.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:30 am

"Oh, well, I'unno," Remy said. "Maybe I just like pinning you to the floor." She leaned down to give him another kiss before finally moving off him.

"Hey, Ripley," she said, calling the puppy over to hopefully change the subject. Ripley bounded over as if she already knew her name, just happy that her two new bestest friends were talking to her again.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:14 am

Hadley noticed how Remy avoided actually saying anything about why she wasn't taking any pictures, which only served to pique his curiosity further. He decided not to press the issue now, though. Remy obviously didn't want to talk about it, and he didn't want to ruin the good time they were having by questioning her.

He got to his feet when Remy let him up, and was nearly knocked over a second time when Ripley ran full speed into his legs again. "You're going to be tripping me constantly, aren't you?" he asked the puppy dryly while she pawed at his knees, trying to get more attention.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 am

"Only because she loves you," Remy said with a smile. She was so happy that Hadley liked the puppy. It made her feel all warm on the inside, knowing that she'd made him smile.

Remy kicked the forgotten rope toy, and Ripley's ears perked up. She shot after it, picking the toy up in her mouth and shaking it. Remy laughed, and came back over to put her arm around Hadley's waist. "She takes after you, I think," she joked. "All that fluffy, dark hair. Her playful demeanor. She's your spitting image."

Last edited by Remy Monroe on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 am

"Wow, you must really love me a lot if you even picked out a dog that reminds you of me," Hadley replied. He put his arm around Remy's shoulders and rested his head on hers. "Really, though, what made you decide to get us a dog?" He heard Ripley growling on the other side of the room, probably tearing apart some toy or something. Hopefully a toy, anyways, and not his furniture or something.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:44 am

Remy smirked and squeezed Hadley a little when he mentioned her love for him. He'd never let her feelings for him go, even now that they were together. It was irritatingly adorable.

"I dunno, I just thought we could use one," Remy said, loving the feeling of Hadley's head resting against her own. She watched Ripley rip to shreds a stuffed hedgehog toy and was suddenly glad there were a lot of general staff-clio that would be able to clean up after her.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:54 am

"You wanted to take our relationship to the next stage, huh?" Hadley asked, smiling. He was glad that Remy was willing to commit to taking care of something with him. It made him realize how confident she was in their relationship, despite only recently moving back in.

"Wanna take her outside?" he asked. Ripley was a lucky dog, she was gonna have the entire estate grounds to run around in. And so they walked to the front door together, Ripley at their heels, and went out to enjoy the rest of the day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 am