The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

surprise? :: hadley

Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Female Age : 33
    Daemon Name : Vex
    Eilemaiden : Earalas

surprise? :: hadley Empty surprise? :: hadley

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:03 am

Remy had given Hadley many surprises in the time they had known each other.

Some were good surprises. Ripley was a good surprise. Ripley was a bouncing ball of fur that cuddled with Hadley and helped him de-stress and also gave him something fun to do in his spare time. Other good surprises included kisses he wasn't expecting, taking him out to hear live music, and having the cooks prepare his favorite meals.

Some were bad surprises. Inviting Lysander to stay without asking Hadley first was a bad surprise. Not trusting Hadley and moving out with Lysander was a bad surprise too. Remy tried to keep these bad surprises to a minimum, because for a blind man, most things were surprises, and she knew the bad ones left a bad impression.

But sometimes she couldn't help it.

---

Remy had been feeling like crap for a few weeks now. She was really exhausted all the time, and for the last few days her breasts had felt really sore and tender whenever she took a shower. She'd would have chalked up the shower thing to her period coming up, but last week when it should have started it didn't. She'd been waiting patiently for it to finally show, but once she was a week late she decided she needed to go to the doctor.

After a very nerve wracking visit she received the news she'd been dreading: despite using birth control every time they had sex somehow she and Hadley were pregnant.

Pregnant.

Even thinking about the word made her feel sick. And now she'd been given the responsibility to tell Hadley. It was a miserable journey home, thinking about giving him this awful surprise.

She and Hadley had never discussed children, and they certainly had never discussed having them so soon, even if they did want them.

Oh gods, she and Hadley were going to have A CHILD. She sat down on the bed that she and Hadley shared together (also the bed where said child was probably conceived) and looked down at her flat stomach. She lifted up her shirt and placed a hand on her bare skin. She prided herself on this flat stomach. She loved the way she felt with this stomach and loved the way clothes looked on this stomach and oh, gods, she was going to get fat.

Of course, that was only if she didn't die while she was telling Hadley about the pregnancy. She thought for a moment about whether getting fat or dying was worse.

Vex blinked at her.

She was so caught up in her warring thoughts that she barely heard Hadley enter the room.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Male Age : 30
    Daemon Name : Nila

surprise? :: hadley Empty Re: surprise? :: hadley

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:29 am

Hadley wasn't sure why it had seemed like a good idea to take Ripley out to play in the snow. He'd wanted to throw some snowballs for her to run after, maybe somehow attempt to "accidentally" hit some of the estate guards who patrolled the grounds by having Nila tell him where to aim, but instead all it had resulted in was him getting caught unawares and bowled over by his now-gigantic dog-bear-beast. Now covered in snow and freezing, he returned inside intending to take a nice hot shower.

He went into his bedroom, closed the door so that the Ripley couldn't follow him, and walked over to his dresser to fumble around for some dry clothes to change into. Ripley whined outside the door but he ignored her. Only Nila noticed that Remy was even in the room, but didn't pay her too much attention as she didn't even look up at them right away.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:52 am

Hey Remy, looks like the time is now, Vex said, de-tangling Remy from her thoughts and notifying her that Hadley had walked in.

Remy looked up quick enough to give herself whiplash. Hadley, who had been outside playing with Ripley, was digging through his dresser. Part of Remy wanted to just stay silent and hope that Hadley didn't notice her, but Vex wasn't having it.

"Hey, guys," he said aloud.

Why the hell was her daemon such a traitor?

After Hadley and/or Nila presumably acknowledged their presence, Remy couldn't stand it anymore and blurted out, "I'm pregnant." She squeezed her eyes shut and waited.

Vex choked out a cough.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 am

"Oh, hey," Hadley said to Vex, slightly surprised. It was weird of Remy not to say anything, she usually alerted him to her presence right away. As far as he knew, anyways. He turned away from the dresser, new clothes in hand, when--

what. wrote:"I'm pregnant."

What.

"What. I...what?" He stopped in his tracks. He must have dropped his clothes, because suddenly his arms were empty at his sides.

...Seriously, what???

She...no. She couldn't be. It wasn't possible, they were always careful. She was...joking, or he misheard, or something. Because there was no way that Remy was pregnant. There was no way she was going to have a baby. There was no way they could be parents. Right? He was like the last clio who should ever be a parent.

"Are you..." he trailed off awkwardly, unsure of what he should even ask first.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:27 am

Gods, Remy didn't know what to say next. The right way to start this conversation was probably not to just blurt out the facts, but now that the cat was out of the bag she still didn't know how to act.

She found it extremely hard to get her throat and mouth to work together and so she sat there in silence. She wanted to cry or scream or puke but it was like she couldn't decide which fit the moment best.

She just nodded her head frantically, her eyes brimming with overwhelmed-tears. She knew Hadley wouldn't be able to see, but Nila could fill him in. She just didn't trust herself to talk.

What the hell were they going to do?
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:09 am

Aaahh, Hadley, I think she's going to cry, Nila told Hadley as he just stood there reeling.

Well, fuck. What was he supposed to do? He'd never thought this would happen. There had never been a time in his life that he'd envisioned himself in this scenario. And Remy was apparently about as lost as he was. Pregnant. Fuck. He ran a hand through his hair.

He slowly made his way over to where her voice had been and carefully sat down next to her. He sort of began to move to put his arm around her or something, but ended up deciding against it and dropped his hands into his lap. He drummed his fingers together absent-mindedly.

"Okay," he said after the silence had stretched on to the point of absurdity. He let out a long breath. "Okay. So, you have-" Nila nudged his leg pointedly, "-we have some options here."

Would Remy want to keep the baby? This pretty clearly was not good news to her--he was blind and could still see that. But if she did want to keep it, what then?
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:03 pm

In an odd sort of way it was comforting that Hadley had no idea what to make of the situation either. She'd known he wouldn't be angry, but his calm was somreassuring, and it helped her calm down too. The tears that had been threatening to spill dried up as they sat in silence, and by the time he spoke to her they were gone completely. She knew he was in a panic on the inside, of course, but t was nice to just sit for a second and let it finally sink in.

Hadley wrote:something about options/-I'm typing on my phone lol

Options. From the moment Remy had found out about the baby she'd never once considered options. But he was absolutely right. There were a million options. Maybe she didn't have to get fat after all. Maybe this could just be a tiny blip in the big expanse of things.

"I guess I didn't think about it," Remy said truthfully. Suddenly it made perfect sense, though. They'd never wanted a baby. Remy was pretty sure she didn't want a baby EVER. Maybe she'd been hysterical over nothing.

"Are you saying you'd be okay with... with aborting it?" she asked.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:33 pm

"I mean...yeah. I'm okay with whatever you're okay with," Hadley replied. Remy was the one who had to grow the thing, so it was ultimately up to her what to do with it. To be honest, he was actually a bit selfishly relieved that the ultimate decision was on her. It felt like less weight on his shoulders. "Whatever you want to do."

He wondered, if Remy wanted to keep the baby...what kind of parent would he be? Would he be like his own parents, having a kid only to basically ignore it? Would he just wind up messing the kid up? Then again he'd practically raised Sol, and she turned out mostly fine.

Of course maybe Remy wouldn't want to keep it, and this speculation would all be moot. He anxiously waited for her reply.
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:28 pm

"Maybe that would be best," Remy said. She wasn't sure if she really believed it or not, but it would certainly be the easiest option. If there wasn't a baby at all she wouldn't have to worry about her appearance. She hadn't let herself think seriously about everything else a baby would mean, but getting an abortion would mean she wouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff, either.

She couldn't imagine she and Hadley as parents. Couldn't even fathom it. "I just... I don't think I could be a mom."
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:33 pm

Relief washed over Hadley. He actually managed to let out a short laugh. "Yeah. That's only slightly more plausible than me being a dad," he said. All in all, this probably was the more responsible thing to do. Two selfish twenty-somethings who had never even thought about kids and had only just gotten back together a few months ago were definitely not shining examples of potential parenthood. "I mean, could you imagine? Us trying to raise a little clio?"
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Hadley's laugh was exactly what aren't needed to hear. She sighed, her shoulders sagging in relief. This was the obvious choice-- why hadn't she realized it sooner? Her almost-tears from before were almost embarrassing now, but she couldn't help her hormones. One more good thing about getting rid of the thing inside her would be that she'd feel normal again.

"Ugh, thank the gods we agree, then," Remy said, suddenly much more cheerful. It was as if the morning hadn't even happened. This weekend she'd go to the clinic and they'd be done with this mess for good.

"Us raising a baby." She laughed. She imagined a little Hadley running around playing pranks on the staff. Every single one of them would quit. And crying? Late night feelings and changing a diaper? Yeah, no. This wasn't just the obvious choice, it was the only choice.

She leaned over and kissed Hadley's cheek. "This is why we're together," she told him. They might have different views the majority of the time, but when it mattered she could usually count on their agreeing.
    Hadley Sterling
    Hadley Sterling
    Overloridian

Post by Hadley Sterling Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Rem wrote:"Us raising a baby."

"Kid wouldn't even have a chance," Hadley replied, imagining the narcissistic monster that their personalities would create. He was smiling, relieved that Remy had made a choice, and that this whole thing was gonna be over soon, and that Remy--who had sounded on the verge of tears just minutes ago--was now laughing and relaxed again.

RemRem wrote: "This is why we're together,"

"I thought we were together because you find me irresistible," Hadley replied. "And also because I kind of like you too some of the time."
    Remy Monroe
    Remy Monroe

Post by Remy Monroe Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Remy rolled her eyes. "Irresistible my ass," she said, pushing him a little and laughing. The two of them wrestled around for a little bit, and then Remy helped him out of his cold, wet clothes so she could help warm him up.

It was even better than usual because they didn't have to worry about protection. She couldn't get more pregnant than she already was. Maybe the little thing wasn't so bad after all (not that that would stop her from getting rid of it as soon as possible).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am