The Amelia Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Hey, you're pretty ;; Nora

Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Male Age : 31
    Daemon Name : Layla
    Eilemaiden : Dian

Hey, you're pretty ;; Nora Empty Hey, you're pretty ;; Nora

Post by Lysander Sparkes Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:32 pm

If it weren't for all the nice things that Remy had bought for him months ago, Lysander would have felt like nothing had changed. (Other than the fact that he lost his only family due to his selfishness). Lysander had decided to move back to Dahlin, there was nothing left in Earalas for him. Luckily, nobody else wanted to live in an apartment that smells like cabbage, so it was still vacant when he came back to the restaurant owners who also happened to be his landlords. The rent was cheaper, because one, it was only a studio apartment not a two like the one he shared with Remy, and two, since he started working for the restaurant again, he got a little discount on the rent.

There was a slight change though, instead of being a dish boy, Lysander was now a waiter at the little restaurant, and it was nice because he was using his manipulative personality to get better tips. All of his tip money was being saved in a jar under his bed, while his paychecks were going toward rent, groceries and any other utilities. The money he was saving was going toward a new camera for Remy. Even if she never wanted to speak to him again, he wanted her to have a camera again. He knew how much she had loved that thing, and it made him sad to think that she gave up her passion, just for his stupid ass.

Today was just like any other ordinary day at work, and he had racked up quite a few tips. His shift was almost over, minus the attractive woman who was sitting at his last table for the night. Maybe he could get more than just a tip from this lady. He made his way over and put on his best smile.

"Good evening," he said, while pulling out a pencil and a pad of paper. "And how are we doing this fine, fall, night?"
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Female Age : 29
    Daemon Name : Selwyn
    Eilemaiden : Solas

Hey, you're pretty ;; Nora Empty Re: Hey, you're pretty ;; Nora

Post by Nora Levis Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Nora was spending the week in Dahlin. She had applied for a short stint shadowing a prestigious doctor who was working on an unusual case study, and gotten the position. Rather than make the long trip every day she had just booked a cheap hotel for the week, and was eating out at inexpensive restaurants.

She didn't really like being away from home for a week, mainly because she was worried that Jack would do nothing but mope around the entire time without her there to get his whiny butt out of the house. But it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Besides, Jack was actually doing a little bit better lately. He had somehow ended up on friendly terms with the overloridian, and therefore had someone to hang out with besides her and their parents.

After a particularly long day shadowing Dr. Uhl at the nearby hospital, Nora stopped by a little restaurant to grab a quick bite. She sat down and glanced at the menu when the waiter approached.

"Good evening. And how are we doing this fine, fall, night?"

Nora looked up and returned the waiter's cute smile. "Oh, you know. It's been kind of a long day," she told him, thinking she probably looked exhausted. "How about you?"
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 pm

"Yeah," Lysander replied. "There was a huge dinner rush, you actually came at the perfect timing." Normally, Lysander would have been irritated that he had to take one more table, but this woman was really pretty, and he didn't mind waiting on her for the night. He flashed another perfect smile at her before continuing, "So what can I get you?" For now, Lysander was all business, (didn't want his managers/landlords to get angry) but he would eventually sneak some flirting into this conversation tonight.
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 am

"There was a huge dinner rush, you actually came at the perfect timing."

"Oh, glad I missed it," Nora said lightly. Half-seriously, she added, "Sorry about giving you another table after all that."

"So what can I get you?"

"Ummm," Nora said thoughtfully, looking back down at the menu. She was sort of craving some greasy, unhealthy food right now. Hey, all's fine in moderation, right? "I think I'll just get the burger and fries. And a lemonade." She looked back up at him and smiled again. After spending all day at a hospital, it was nice to go out and get some tasty food served by a cute waiter.
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Lysander nodded as he wrote down her order. "Alright," he said, as he finished writing. "I'll get that right in for you!" He tapped her table with his pen and walked back into the kitchen. For the next twenty minutes he went back and forth between the back of the store and her table to check in in her until finally she had finished her meal. He went back to collect her empty plates and stood in the kitchen thinking about what he should do before she left. She had already paid and was just waiting for him to bring back her change. His shift would be over once she got her change back, and then she would leave and they'll never see each other again. Or, he could go sit down with her and ask her out. What was the worst that could happen? She'd say no and Lysander would go on with his life. He was going to go for it.

He returned to her table, her money in his hand and he slid into the seat across from her. He handed her the cash before saying, "So my shift is over...uh, well forgive me if I'm being creepy but, do you want to hang out tonight?"
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Throughout her meal, the cute waiter ("Lysander", his nametag read--what an interesting name) came back to check on her a few times. He was never overt about it, but she couldn't help but get the impression that maybe he was flirting with her a little bit. He was certainly very charming.

That was why she wasn't entirely surprised when she finished her meal, and he came and asked her to hang out now that his shift was over. She suppressed a smile, feeling flattered but not wanting to let it show. "Well," she said thoughtfully. "I guess that might be fun, as long as we go somewhere public. You know, just in case you're an ax murderer or something."

"My name is Nora, by the way," she added.
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Yes! Lysander smiled brightly when Nora agreed to go out with him. He was expecting her to say no, but she didn't! "Well it's nice to meet you, Nora," he said, then gestured to his name tag. "I'm Lysander!"

He laughed at her ax murderer comment then stood up from his chair. "If you wanna wait just one sec, I have to run upstairs and change." He pointed at the ceiling and said, "My apartment is upstairs." He quickly made his way upstairs, changed into something nicer than his work uniform, then came back down.

"I love getting out of my work clothes," he told her. "Best feeling in the world."
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Nora waited patiently for Lysander to return. She briefly wondered if this was a good idea or not. After all, she didn't know this guy at all. He seemed so nice though, and while she'd been kidding about the ax murderer comment, she did intend to stay in a public place. She spent so much time working and studying she never had time to go out and meet clio. A date with a cute guy would be a nice way to take a break from all that.

He returned, dressed more casually. "I know the feeling," she replied, getting up and walking with him to the door. "My work clothes are scrubs. Super flattering, right?"
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:50 pm

"I think you could make anything flattering," Lysander replied. He opened the door and held it open for her. As they walked away from the restaurant together, Lysander tried to think about what they could do. He could understand why she wanted to go someplace public, she just met him, but what could they do together?

They continued walking along the sidewalk, until the reached the little market area that had all the shops around every corner. "I love this part of Dahlin," he commented. "Lilycove is nice, but all the shops are expensive, this part has a lot of fun gift shops."
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Nora rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but laugh a little bit at Lysander's compliment. It was so cheesy, but kind of cute at the same time. They walked down to the little market area where various shops lined the streets. "Yeah, I've never really been a huge fan of Lilycove," she said. They clio who lived there were kind a snobby and everything was overpriced.

"Oh, let's go in here," she said as they came up to one of the larger shops that stocked all sorts of cool things. "I want to look for something for my brother and sister." Her siblings were assholes who didn't deserve gifts, but she loved getting stuff for them all the same. It was probably why Kennedy was so spoiled.
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:36 pm

"Alright," Lysander replied, while opening the door to the shop for Nora. "I have a sister," he said. "I'm trying to save up and buy her a new camera." He wasn't going to elaborate further though, unless she asked. The two of them walked into the store together, and Lysander began to look at all the trinkets inside. When he was little and still in foster care, he never got to go into shops like these. Once he had settled he had gone into every shop. The shop owners probably thought he was going to steal something. Grimy young kid, with hand-me-down clothes that were too big for him. Oh well.
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:03 pm

"That's sweet of you," Nora remarked. A camera sure was an expensive gift to buy for a sibling. The gifts she bought for her siblings were usually inexpensive trinkets, just little things that she'd thought they'd enjoy. Maybe the camera was for a special occasion? "Is her birthday coming up or something?"
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:08 pm

"Well no," Lysander replied, while he played with an Amelia version of Newton's Cradle. "She just really loves photography..." He looked up from the strange little object to look at Nora. "She use to have one, but had to sell it a while ago." Because it was all my fault, and I am an awful brother.

Hoping to change the subject on the camera he asked, "How old are your brother and sister?"
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:22 pm

"Wow," Nora commented. "My brother would never spend that much on me!" She laughed.

"He's a year older. Twenty-one," she answered. "And my little sister is sixteen. They drive me crazy, but I couldn't imagine growing up without them." She smiled, thinking about how lucky she'd been to be adopted into the Levis family. Some clio thought that blood ties was what determined a real family, but Nora knew better. "How old's your sister?"

"Oh, these are cute," she commented, noticing some music-themed wall decorations. She grabbed a few for Jack.
    Lysander Sparkes
    Lysander Sparkes

Post by Lysander Sparkes Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

"She'll be twenty four in a few days actually," Lysander replied. He had hoped to get her the camera in time for her birthday, but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to save up enough by then, it was too close. Maybe he'd have to turn up the charm. "I didn't get to grow up with her though," he replied. "I was a foster kid...didn't actually find her until a few months ago."
    Nora Levis
    Nora Levis

Post by Nora Levis Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:36 pm

"What, really?" Nora asked, turning to Lysander in surprise. "That's incredible. Finding her after all those years, I mean." Nora knew she didn't have any biological siblings out there, but she could only imagine what it would be like if she did, and she somehow came into contact with them. It must've been surreal.

"I'm actually adopted myself," she told Lysander. "All my siblings are."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm